This crisper pan makes incredible sweet potato fries

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/17/this-crisper-pan-makes-incredi.html

I love the idea of this, but I have so much cooking crap I hardly use now I’m not sure if I could justify it.

I would like to know how to fake it. Like using a roasting pan base.

Sweet potatoes rule.

4 Likes

Interesting, but how is it better than parchment paper on a baking sheet?

2 Likes

As I learned after buying this item (from the original recommendation here): even a little oil will leak out of all the holes at the bottom of the pan and smoke up your oven.

2 Likes

One could use a baking grill that has fairly narrow spacing so that fries don’t slip/fall through. There’s also some baking mats that might work, but i’d be worried of fries rolling off when handling the mat to/from the oven.

This crisper pan looks interesting but it’s use case seems a bit too narrow for me to consider. It’s most likely useful for people that do use their oven more often, or they entertain a lot or have kids and have a need to make a lot of baked fries and the like. I’ve been pretty happy using some metal baking trays for fries.

3 Likes

No unitaskers in my kitchen.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Why would they not include a catch tray as part of the pan? That’s absurd.

This CRISPR pan makes incredible sweet poTAGATTACATo fries.

4 Likes

Read this in Mark’s voice. RIP #Gweek! Also, I imagine a silpat or parchment on a baking sheet would work as well.

Thank you for this. Came for CRISPR joke, was not disappointed.

2 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.