This cyclist records videos of road ragers and posts them to YouTube

Thinking about recording videos of asshole type A cyclists breaking every road rule possible. :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah, most of my near misses on my motorcycle are people on cell phones. I think the penalty should be the same as drunk driving or maybe just straight up attempted murder. I haven’t figured out what to do with the elderly that nearly kill me on a fairly regular basis. Who knows - maybe they’re drunk.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Have you never read “A Tale of Two Cities,” it’s not ever been the case that “everybody” was held accountable for their actions…

4 Likes

Absolutely not disagreeing with you. Dangerous drivers are dangerous. Hall monitors may not be the best prosecution option

Agreed. Impaired driving is impaired driving, period.

13 Likes

Sure, not like any of us should ever be responsible for keeping others safe, since we’re all rugged individualists. Better to turn a blind eye when you see someone doing something that could hurt others… The cops do such a great job of it, after all… /s

15 Likes

It’s good to see you support the people in blue. I’m a little less sanguine than you are.

Um, note my sarcasm…

Also…

Or a recent cover…

8 Likes

Is a witness a prosecutor?

5 Likes

I bicycle commute to work. On almost every ride to or fro, I break the following rules:

I run red lights (after stopping, but I run them)
I run 4 way stops (when no one is coming, but I run them)
I run 2 way stops (when no one is coming, but I run them)
I speed (well, mostly on the downhill section)
I fail to ride to the right of a lane (bc it isn’t wide enough for me plus a car, which means I get run off the road if I am not in the middle of the lane, but it is still illegal)

Which of those laws I break on every single ride risks the death of the person in the car near me? Which one is half as dangerous as the drunk driver, the cellphone texting driver, the driver going 50 in a 25, the driver running the stop signs, the driver running the red lights?

Yes, there are bcyclists who are jerks - lots of them, from my view as a bicyclist. But in general they aren’t causing life threats to drivers. It is no an equal situation.

7 Likes

16 Likes

This is why the laws about having only one friend in a car for a provisionary (newly licensed) driver are excellent.

1 Like

You really ought not to…please reconsider.

Yes, for the car. Failure to yield is the car operator’s fault. In the USA, riding in the center of narrow lanes is actually suggested by the DMV in many states for motorcyclists, to discourage cars from trying to squeeze past.

Yes. In the USA, this is akin to someone jumping the left lane queue, and crossing over to the far opposite lane. Imagine wanting to turn right, but some yahoo is in your lane going the opposite way and upsetting the normal flow of traffic through the intersection.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I really feel like there should be riding permits that are akin to driver’s licenses, so that bicyclists would understand the privilege and responsibility of using the roadway.

I am primarily a bicyclist, but I am an experienced, licensed car and motorcycle driver (also pedicab at one point), so I do see things from a driver’s perspective, too.

11 Likes

Are there actually any jurisdictions where this is illegal? Everywhere I’ve ridden, this is not only perfectly legal, but is recommended (by the police) for in any situation where the lane is too narrow for a car to safely overtake a bike.

6 Likes

No raindrop thinks themselves the cause of the flood.

By breaking traffic laws on a regular basis, you are contributing to the current state of chaos on the roads, a situation where many people ignore traffic laws. This state of affairs kills people. Mostly Pedestrians and cyclists.

As a fellow road user, and non-driver, I implore- Don’t be a dick.

11 Likes

U.K. is quite different. Speeding cameras are widely deployed. Go over the limit, get a ticket.

3 Likes

“A non crosswalk location”!?
Compared to many of our European cousins, the UK is not very friendly to pedestrians and cyclists. But at least we didn’t get as far as to create the concept of jaywalking.

4 Likes

Really? He was only “annoying” people who were driving dangerously.

4 Likes

The problem is that there are plenty of British road users who are both wrong and arseholes

For example, the drivers who are complaining about this

It all seems very sensible to me, but it’s now getting included in the Qvidiot conspiracy theories as evidence of the cultural marxist dictatorship run by Boris Johnson. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes