This explorer searches deadly mines for treasure: old jeans

Originally published at: This explorer searches deadly mines for treasure: old jeans | Boing Boing

1 Like

There’s thousands of old abandoned gold/silver mines out in Nevada. I’ve been to a couple a long time ago and it’s immensely dangerous, also i didn’t watch the video but i don’t know if this guy is getting permission to go into other people’s property/mines to scavenge. And honestly i doubt he’s doing so

1 Like

It’s not archaeology if he’s selling the finds. It’s treasure hunting.

Humanity would be better served if he documented his expeditions and gave any artifacts that couldn’t be preserved in situ to a museum.

7 Likes

Is there perhaps a relevant gif expressing this sentiment?

2 Likes

Sure
giphy (4)

5 Likes

Harrison Ford What GIF

4 Likes

9 Likes

Related:

He brought an abandoned mining ghost town and also has a bit of a thing for recovering old jeans in the mine (but not to sell, but to put in the onsite museum he’s creating too)

2 Likes

I’m not willing to watch a video in the hope of finding out. Can anyone explain why there are old jeans to be discovered in old mines?

Really shitty rolls on the treasure type tables?

Lots of sketalised miners’ corpses still wearing jeans?

2 Likes

2 Likes
  1. Start a rumor of valuable old jeans in gold mines.
  2. Mug other explorers for their jeans.
  3. Profit!
3 Likes

“Phew”, wipes brow, “that was a tough ten-hour shift down the mine with my trusty 'ol pickaxe. Well, time to knock off. I might get down the bar for a beer or two before I go home. Might as well leave me trousers behind, not like I’m gonna need 'em”.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.