This famous actor has a face you've probably never seen

Yeah, I remember looking up Jones and his career (and his face) after seeing him in 2004 in the the first Hellboy movie. Another guy whose face I wasn’t familiar with was Andy Hallett, who played Lorne on Angel, and who sadly passed away in 2009 at the age of 33.

The Internet makes accessing information like this so easy now - the tough part sometimes is verifying the accuracy of that information. I spend much of my waking hours researching all kinds of stuff, like those of you who also grew up reading encyclopedias and dictionaries for fun.

5 Likes

He had a good interview on NPR last weekend.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/03/590062505/shape-of-water-creature-actor-doug-jones-understands-the-monsters

5 Likes

Oddly I only recently googled to see who that ST:D guy was

1 Like

Andy Serkis noteably played Ian Dury in the biographical film.
If you’re a Brit then you may remember his (real) face from a load of TV stuff that pre-dates LOTR

2 Likes

9 Likes

Doug Jones is in a ton of my favorite stuff. He makes a brief appearance with his real face in “Mystery Men” as Pencilhead (along with his son, Son of Pencilhead).

5 Likes

Mac Tonight materialized around the same time the ABC sitcom Moonlighting was at peak ratings. It always struck me that the character was modeled after Bruce Willis’ David Addison Jr. character, being a moon with a very-Bruce-Willis mouth wearing wayfarer-style sunglasses:

2 Likes

He was kind of great in Black Panther, I have to say.

2 Likes

He could have easily bulked up for the role…pretty common for actors to gain or lose weight for a role. But he was pretty muscled out in BP, wasn’t he?

3 Likes

OMG! Lorne DIED! [ETA] He was easily my favorite character in Angel…

angel-lorne-medal

5 Likes

Lorne was easily the best part of that show.

2 Likes

I liked Gunn, too, but didn’t much care for how his story line eventually came out. I hated what they did with both Cordelia and Fred. I mean, the last season overall was pretty crap.

2 Likes

not%20fade%20away

1 Like

thats him too? WTF. This guy is fantastic!

…who was in part modeled after Bobby Darrin,

Who sang Mac The Knife

The circle of advertising.

3 Likes

Looks like he drove one, too! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.