This farm animal sanctuary's rotating cow brush is a huge hit

Tonight’s veal.

9 Likes

Big round rolled-back-a-little happy eyes. I know a dog who gets like that after I take her for a big morning out in the wild area near her house. I gotta find one of these things as a pet gift.

1 Like

There are different breeds. Jerseys give high fat content milk (yum). Holsteins give a lot of milk ($). Angus don’t have such great milk. Etc. I don’t know all the breeds, but you get the idea.

So, yeah, most of the males end up as veal, but some of them have to grow up enough to impregnate cows with the right DNA, so the next generation of cows give the expected kind/volume of milk.

6 Likes

A bit of the old Ω syndrome happening

2 Likes

I was thinking that Temple Grandin may have had something to do with these cow brushes to any extent, but then I goggled this up; a passive brush/scratcher, the design of which was inspired by the work of Temple Grandin:

5 Likes

Here’s that rotating brush you asked for:

:wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering if the cows would enjoy a sudsing, rinse, and blow dry as well.

2 Likes

I was just thinking I want one of these, me-sized for me.

1 Like

Rescue “cow” Paul is no cow.

1 Like

Oh, yeah? Then why isn’t Paul using a HappyBull brush? Paul’s gender identity and expression don’t fit into your outdated binaries. Check your cisgender privilege, pal!

1 Like

"I love you cold, unfeeling, robot arm!"

3 Likes

Nooooo! Once they can get scritches from robots, it’s only our mastery of the can opener that’s of use to our feline overlords!

2 Likes

It’s a bull that’s milking how adorable he looks when using a cow brush. Doh.

1 Like

As someone who is regularly castigated for repurposing the pasta spork for scratchin’ duties, I’d like one of these.

3 Likes

Oh that is disgusting. I understand that not everyone can reach every part of their back with arm contortions, but why don’t you find a dedicated scratcher instead of scraping off your bacne with a kitchen utensil, of all things?

Look, here’s a cute one:

1 Like

Because the kitchen utensil is the best. Nothing scratches quite like it.

2 Likes

Then get another one and mark it “NOT FOR KITCHEN USE”

Keep going down the path you’re on you’ll end up like Baron Harkonnen.

ETA: Or worse, Steve Bannon.

4 Likes

Naaah. Unitaskers are a waste of kitchen space :smiley:

4 Likes

YOU DON’T KEEP IT IN THE FUCKING KITCHEN

lowercase lowercase

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.