Cow enjoys being petted like a dog

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/29/cow-enjoys-being-petted-like-a.html

13 Likes

I am NOT letting that thing jump up on my bed.

18 Likes

I really needed this smile.
Thanks, Xeni, for keeping BB’s tagline somewhat accurate.

15 Likes

I’d say that that’s a “My ‘ask forgiveness’ to ‘ask permission’ ratio is way above 1” sort of face.

Maybe try surrounding your bed with stripes painted on the floor? I hear that psychs them out.

3 Likes

Xeni’s been posting a ton of major snuggle cuteness stuff lately. I really appreciate what she’s doing for boinboing’s feed, 'cause life is hard and the world kinda sucks and I check boingboing a buncha times a day.

Thanks, Xeni. :purple_heart:

23 Likes

This cow enjoyed licking my fingers, and her nostrils.

3 Likes

awww, so cute! and then we ate 'em.

3 Likes

My mother nearly had that happen once.

6 Likes

Well, I ain’t drinking no Dog Milk!

6 Likes

Not all cows love it, but quite a few enjoy being petted. A few years back, there was one that came to me almost every morning to be scratched behind the ears.
You should still exerce caution, of course. Cows are rarely agressive (although younger ones…), but they are much bigger than you.

4 Likes

First…prepare your meat.

1 Like

Call me weak,call me stupid, but I just can’t eat that.

2 Likes

Which would you prefer…weak or stupid?

Hey, let’s combine them: call me steak. :wink:

4 Likes

(and I fully admit that I am, most of the time, both weak and stupid.)

Hence the entire industry of ‘cow comfort brushes’ I’d imagine. (Both the ‘quite a few being petted’ and ‘should still exercise caution’ aspects)

1 Like

Indeed, the farmer who owns the cows has one of these rotating brushes. The cows love it. But the ones who like to be petted still come to him (or others) to be scratched behind the ears. It is not the same thing: the brush scratches and remove itches, the human gives food and comfort.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with dog’s milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly.
Lasts longer than any other type of milk, dog’s milk.

5 Likes

Came here to see this etc.

Try scratching a human being behind the ears (ask permission first!). I bet most mammals like it, and from what I hear birds do too.

1 Like