This game simulates a frustrating online form

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/05/this-game-simulates-a-frustrat.html

2 Likes

I got to the second screen and realized, “Nope.”

Good job on their part though, from what I saw.

2 Likes

Dupe:

4 Likes

Oh man does this ever bring back memories. The only thing I can think of that is missing is the button that tries to escape when you mouse over it to click, and has to be chased into a corner to catch it.

2 Likes

Oh man, you missed the best part.

At the end there’s a captcha with something like “select all pictures of bows” and there are archery bows, bow ties, and pictures of people bowing.

9 Likes

Thats part of the broken BB UI.

2 Likes

I remember seeing something like this in The Oatmeal about designing an order form. Takeaway: If you want to use ‘boobies’ as your password, it should be allowed. No Mayan hieroglyphics, please.

I’ve created a game that simulates having your identity stolen! Just click on the link below and play along by entering all your personal information!

Ha. Just kidding.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds a bit like the beginning of the old Infocom game “Bureaucracy”.

For me the captcha was “glasses”, and contained all of the different types of things that could be considered by that name.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.