This ginormous egg had another smaller egg inside of it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/08/this-ginormous-egg-had-another.html

4 Likes

I understand this is how chickens lay eggs in Russia.

16 Likes

Eggception!

7 Likes

I guess “babushka” is a common mistake, but the word they are looking for is matryoshka.

15 Likes

That poor hen.

10 Likes

I feel like this would lead to a brutal case of hemorrhoids

She’s gotta have one sore cloaca.

5 Likes

Seems a lot of folks are quite fond of this one.

2 Likes

downloadfile

3 Likes

Release your mind and have the Quatto omelet.

3 Likes

Coming here to say that, thank you.

I loved that book as a kid (who didn’t daydream about hatching their own pet dinosaur?) but $34 is pretty damn steep for a children’s novel.

1 Like

You just know that hen is going around tweeting: “I lay the BEST eggs. They’re YUGE!!! 2 eggs instead of 1. Not 1, but 2. Bigly eggs. You’ve never seen eggs like this…”

2 Likes

Reminds me of those cases like when they find your long lost twin inside your skull as a partially formed homunculus.

3 Likes

Wow, so many pages delving into the matryoshka / babushka heresy. Some say it’s interchangeable – mother? grandmother? feh! Others say “Oh, no, no, no, it means this and only this!” Consensus? For me, this comment from one random site or the other will do:

Matryoshka is a nesting doll system. Babushka is a cute name for a grandma & they don’t have to wear any scarves! Those are totally different things!!! I am Russian :slight_smile:

Please, note: I am talking about the terms within the past century or two. Matryoshka might be an old word for a mother in medeval times…lol

PS the famous Russian Doll Matryoshka is not interesting for us, Russian ppl. We don’t buy those & don’t own them, on average. It is for foreign ppl mostly :slight_smile:

1 Like

When trying to see what ZeFrank was up to about a month ago, I watched a video by a buzzfeed staffer who was given an ostrich egg and pranked her parents by putting it in their chicken coup. It was funny. I’d share a link, b ut I can’t seem to find the video.

2 Likes

In fact, we have conflicting accounts from two different farm hands where the egg came from.

Farm Hand one says that they have a really large chicken which just showed up in the coop one day. That enormous chicken actually laid another live chicken which in turn laid the double-egg.

Farm Hand two says that he found the remains of an very large double egg outside the coop and believes the enormous chicken came from that egg.

Both are a little foggy on where and when the egg/chicken came from.

The owner of the farm has stated he isn’t sure which came first, the enormous chicken or the enormous egg.

5 Likes

Apparently, both eggs are ok to eat.

After being broken for four days? Yum.

2 Likes

My Dad found an egg like this in the carton he bought at the supermarket. The outer egg was a normal size though. What’s up with antipodean eggs? https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYpneqAxtc/?taken-by=philgreennz

2 Likes

…when children have children.

2 Likes