This Grand Theft Auto V wildlife documentary is surprisingly good

[Read the post]

2 Likes

THAT looks like a game I would enjoy playing. Why canā€™t we have that, without the shooting people and stealing cars? Just hiking through beautiful environments, watching animals?

1 Like

Well, there is ā€œThe Long Darkā€, which is about hiking in beautiful environments, but does have wolves that try to attack you, so isnā€™t entirely peaceful, I suppose.

1 Like

Having completed the initial mission, I spent the next 12 hours of game play driving around the island going, ā€œWow!ā€ at the scenery and the buildings. Even late in the game, I was discovering new areas to visit filled with astonishing detail. Rock Star roxxorā€¦ I got eaten by a mountain lion tooā€¦

3 Likes

I was trying out my vid card with GTA V, loaded a saved game and showed up somewhere in the woods to probably murder someone, for no reason when I stepped out of the car a cougar knocks me down and mauls me to death with no warning.
The randomness was hilarious.

2 Likes

You can. If you ignore the missions in GTA you can spend your time admiring the scenery, flying, swimming, playing tennis/darts/golf, watching TV/movies, shopping, finding cool things to jump a car off and a bunch of other stuff Iā€™ve not discovered yet.

Iā€™ve only recently started playing GTA V (after waiting for the PC version to come out) and Iā€™m constantly surprised and staggered by the attention to detail and the enormity of it. I canā€™t imagine the number of man-hours that went into it but itā€™s truly an impressive achievement. This documentary is testament to that.

2 Likes

I guess when you divide designer hours/player hours, it starts to become economicā€¦ but it is truly jaw dropping in its attention to mundane detail. Things like the farming areaā€¦ I donā€™t know that there are even any mission thereā€¦ All I need is some VR goggles and Iā€™ll not need to go on holiday this year.

I loved their initial advertising for the Long Dark when they were describing it as a ā€œhypothermia simulatorā€. :smiley:

1 Like

Good news! We can, maybe more than ever. Thereā€™s a rich trend of these jokingly-nicknamed ā€˜walking simulatorsā€™ going on.

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic graphics. GTA5 is second to none. Iā€™ve been exploring for 2 months and still have much to see.

1 Like

Firewatch and No Mans Sky are both looking very promising.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.