Bite 'em on the back now
Where they’ve swam I don’t know
They’re all fished out and ready to go

8 Likes

That’s bonkers, I love it :grin:

1d18a2fd09406d0aaa27e3a8abd60a54475fe5d2_2_500x500.jpeg

8 Likes

7 Likes

Well seeing you set the bar so low that only an aquatic mammal can slide under it I’ll just drop this here and please note that the video is linked with a man who strikes vengeance with a club/bat… Clubman??

2 Likes

Bonkers?! I’ll have you know I resemble that remark!

/deeply bows, sweeps hat near floor

Thank you, my very dear!

Spent about 5 mins “composing” it while studying the orig brilliant lyrics.

And thanks @LurksNoMore for the kindly tag!

5 Likes

Pooor Joey Ramone

1 Like

Man, a little bit of work, and I think you could get a full Gojira ‘Skeerongk’ out of these beasts.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wow! Beautiful!

I wonder if that’s the Yenisei River behind them.

I was trying to learn throat singing a while back and found this video. Still one of my favorites on YouTube. I also looooove how banjo-type instruments are a world-wide thing.

1 Like

…including banjos with only 2 and 3 strings yet! Doshpuluur - traditionally 2-stringed, long-necked lute; Tovshuur - a 2- or 3-stringed lute.

Being a horsewoman, I also especially approve of the Tuvan and Mongolian 2-string horsehead fiddles, the igil and morin khuur.

Wiki say:
"The fact that most of the eastern Turkic neighbors of the Mongols possess similar horse hair instruments (such as the Tuvan igil, the Kazakh kobyz, or the Kyrgyz Kyl kyyak), though not western Turkic, may point to a possible origin amongst peoples that once inhabited the Mongolian Steppe, and migrated to what is now Tuva, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

“The gusle from Southeastern Europe (Serbia, Croatia & Albania) is a very similar instrument, and may indicate this is an extremely ancient instrument perhaps even dating back to the outward migration of people out of the Middle East and Central Asia some 40,000 years ago. Often these instruments are depicted with a goat head instead of a horse in Europe.”

1 Like

Did the seal ever connect to the internet, because that’s an old analog modem handshake if I’ve ever heard one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.