This illustration demonstrates VR's "infinite canvas" possibilities

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/23/this-illustration-demonstrates.html

3 Likes

Great. Now I have to worry about coming home and finding that the kids have painted the walls virtually. Nice going, science!

/unplugs keyboard, carries it around house hitting ‘delete’ key

11 Likes

This. Though, more specifically AR - augmented reality - will mean that every single surface in the world will be covered with dickbutt and goatse.

8 Likes

The News ~ “In a shocking development today, VR vandals have again drawn dicks on everything…”

5 Likes

Have you seen the movie The Conrgress?

The movie starts in present day and then makes several 20 year leaps in time. With a consensual AR eventually taking over. It’s not without its flaws but I love the movie. While it doesn’t show a world covered in dicks, many of the later avatars are definitely in that mindset.

3 Likes

I love the way the movie jiggles about to give the 3D effect. Not enough to be annoying (at least in a 1 minute sample), but very effective.

But an infinite canvas? You could lose stuff in there!

1 Like

The book it’s based on, the Futurological Congress by science fiction great Stanislav Lem is great!

3 Likes

You know, I’ve seen the movie around a dozen times and always say I should read the book but haven’t yet. Thank you for the reminder. I will give it a read while on holiday vacation this next week. :grin:

2 Likes

And that’s only $35.00
I keep being amazed by how much tech we get for less and less.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.