This is a real African black panther and it's incredibly rare

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/13/this-is-a-real-black-panther-a.html

10 Likes

Looks ferocious.

6 Likes

Looks like he wants his ears skritched.

18 Likes

Sadly I predict some rich asshole is going to kill it in the name of “sport”.

8 Likes

There’s a lil’ black feral tomcat that comes around my apartment at night, and that’s exactly what he wants. He’s much less dangerous, so I oblige.

12 Likes

“coincidence” or the creators/writers did some research? (WRT wakanda being near where black panthers are actually sited).

1 Like

3 Likes

That is one gorgeous kitteh!

6 Likes

Wait…so if its so rare and even the photos are so rare…what are all these of?

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+black+panther&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS758US758&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhhriWqbngAhVlTt8KHSdhC5UQ_AUIDigB&biw=1840&bih=1098

1 Like

4 Likes

What a majestic creature…

5 Likes

Indian black panthers. The black colour variant is uncommon in India. In Africa, it’s extremely rare.

ETA: All-black leopards (in Asia and Africa) get called black panthers. You can also find all-black jaguars in South America, which it seems are also called “black panthers” because reasons.

10 Likes

Ah, that explains it. It doesn’t appear to be that uncommon in jaguars.

4 Likes

I know I shouldn’t pet it, but I totally wan to pet it.

8 Likes

I wonder if that is really a coincidence or is it just a matter of Marvel writers doing their research?

2 Likes

Guides are organizing expeditions of dentists to kill it even as we speak.

Nicekittyniiicceplaynnniiicccethat’srightskritchingyouthewayIhopeyoulikeitdon’tkillmepleasedon’tkiiilllllmmmmeeeeee!!

3 Likes

Well, who doesn’t?

3 Likes

“Tobin was a friend to all animals. He will be missed.”

Not that you’re alone. My demise at the claws of a large kitteh that approaches me is pretty much exactly as likely as a large kitteh approaching me. I’ve been thoroughly conditioned by the smaller variety.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.