"This is definitely the most bizarre question I have ever seen on a job application"

Originally published at: "This is definitely the most bizarre question I have ever seen on a job application" | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Report the person who foisted it on me and probably you, amoral sociopathic prospective employer looking for the next P. T. Barnum.

Did I get the job?

The question is literally asking you what you’d do if someone tried to involve you in a crime.

40 Likes

Elephants eat between 149 and 169 kg (330-375 lb.) daily. I would run out of money…

25 Likes

That is the way that I got my cats. I still have them after seventeen years. How old is the gift elephant?

22 Likes

Talk to a lawyer, usually contracts which stipulate what can and can’t be done with something have to be agreed to by both parties.

25 Likes

Find and elephant of the opposite gender and start an elephant farm. Either that or put a rope around the elephant’s neck and start walking to Africa.

3 Likes

To be successfully smuggled, about six. The bad news is that they live almost as long as humans and want to mate by about age 20. Is my interviewer going to foot the bill for their college education? What about their wedding?

I’m pretty sure if someone actually asked me this in an interview I’d stare silently at them while visualzing slapping them.

I fully realize that option isn’t available to everyone, and commiserate that job interviews in general tend to be an abysmal indictment of the human species.

22 Likes

I guess it’s better to have an interviewer who just puts the question out there from the start rather than one who tries not to mention the elephant in the room.

53 Likes

Over the Alps and invade Italy, obviously.

56 Likes

If this gift relates to my work, I could not accept the gift and remain in compliance with applicable ethics laws. Elephants are substantial by nature.

31 Likes
12 Likes

Start a group session for fellow owner-operators of elephants who have fallen victim to the premise of this interview question. Generate a short story for The Moth, which results in a brief mention on The American Life. After this modest success, go around country giving series of TEDx talks.

This segment of my comment has been sponsored by Policygenius™.
Free quotes tailored to your needs with support from licensed agents.
We’re here to fight for you, not for ourselves.

13 Likes

9 Likes

Check with the blind guy on the other side of the beast to see if it’s really an elephant.

23 Likes

Are you sure it’s an elephant?

It could be a heffalump.

ETA, either way it’s a mammoth task to get rid of it.

FETA if I saw that question I’d just tut like this: tusk

18 Likes

My immediate take, too. The question tells us more about the employer more than it does the applicant. I’m sure it’s popular with used car dealerships, mortgage brokerages, the RNC, and of course the Former Guy’s “organisation”.

18 Likes

In which case the answer would not be to rent it out, but those guys would expect you to butcher it and sell the ivory tusks (while making umbrella stands out of the legs). You know they would!

9 Likes

Lease it to a zoo for a nominal fee (say 1 admission ticket per year.) The lease terms would indicate they are responsible for its food, shelter, and veterinary care but are allowed to include it in exhibits if they so choose.

Leasing != selling and leasing != giving it away.

26 Likes

Cat Elephant Butt

52 Likes

Team up and solve mysteries.

15 Likes