Gentleman regrets touching elephant's trunk

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/28/gentleman-regrets-touching-ele.html

9 Likes

_"Knocked me out, almost"

Roger That!

8 Likes

He thought that “Horton Hears a Who” prepared him.

4 Likes

Here’s horrifying footage of an elephant mauling an unsuspecting human

31 Likes

Q: Whatcha gonna do with all those punks
All those punks who touch your trunk?

A: I’ma smak smak smak smak those punks
Smak them dumb punks off my trunk

18 Likes

His response to being knocked on his ass was better than I expected from a bro.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Never assume with wild animals. Even the ones known more often as gentle - and especially with younger ones - whose mothers may be near.

I love elephants, and care very much about issues like poaching, but I would not casually approach one to pet. Heck, I wouldn’t do that even with a domestic dog in a park that I didn’t know (and … I’m taken back by how casually some people allow their dogs to approach people without their permission).

6 Likes

I wonder if this guy would mind if strangers came up to him and poked at his nose?

Good, smart elephant knows just what to do with annoying humans who don’t respect personal space.

11 Likes

this is what happens when you touch someone else’s trunk without asking

9 Likes
5 Likes

this video ended exactly the way I was hoping it would.

6 Likes

“A gentleman is someone who knows he can touch an elephant’s trunk, but refrains from doing so.”
-Mark Twain, after an incident at a local zoo.

At the time of the incident, he is alleged to have said:

“Sumbitch nearly took my head off!”

To which the elephant replied:

“Prithee goodman, I have no interest in the junk you wish to put in my trunk. Thinkest thou on thine folly and keepest thine daddles to thine own self, mayhap next time you pull back a stump.”

8 Likes

That ear flapping… I know nothing about elephant behavior, but that doesn’t look like a calm animal.

5 Likes

Im a guy, but that was one of the most fucking adorable things I’ve ever seen

4 Likes

Just nitpicking, but this ain’t a wild animal. This being Thailand , it’s a working class animal out of their job.

2 Likes

I thought so too, but what does being a guy have to do with that?

5 Likes

I dunno, i find plenty of things cute but i can only speak for myself.

6 Likes

Nah, It’s just too hot and trying to cool off.

Blockquote
The elephant is merely cooling itself down. It has huge, fat veins that run beneath the thin skin of the ear and as they flap their ears against the wind, they cool the blood and therefore their overall body temperature.

source:

2 Likes

Man, I love watching dumbasses.

1 Like