Important elephant road safety tips

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/29/important-elephant-road-safety.html

5 Likes
  1. Elephants are pretty. I like elephants.

2. Something tells me that elephants in that park have a very low opinion of cars. I especially like how they sort of sit on the cars to poop.

3. Very good use of footage of people doing all the things one should not do to drive home the point.

19 Likes

It is good to see the media finally addressing the Elephant in the Road.

21 Likes

Based on the footage in that video, I think there’s one safety tip missing: “Even if you try to do the right thing and keep a safe distance, some idiot behind you will inevitably block the road, so you’re ultimately screwed no matter what you do.”

22 Likes

I feel bad for those people whose cars get elephant butt rubbed all over them.

3 Likes

That elephant sure had a hard-on for that one car

2 Likes

As long as these elephants never leave the park, ever, then that’s a bit of fun.

1 Like

I’m sure it was quite the view; how many people get a bung hole view of an elephant crapping?

5 Likes

“Elephant. Got it. THEN what happened…?”image

11 Likes

Additionally, do not touch the trunk.

3 Likes

Yeah, I felt bad for the driver of that last car…

1 Like

No way. That’s good luck right there.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll pay extra for that guided safari truck tour.

2 Likes

Careful. If you’ve experienced too much road rage in your life, you’ll be coming back as one of these elephants.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a wall-art poster from the 70s that depicts a circus trainer and his elephant. The elephant is squatting, and the trainer is up to his waist in crap, yelling, “I said, SIT!”

9 Likes

Elephants have sensitive noses. I think they’re trying to tell us, the only way they know how, that cars stink!

Find a local guide and do a walking tour, you won’t regret it. (Just watch out for tree vipers and centipedes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those elephants seemed to be having fun. But it must have been seriously scary to be in a car when it’s sitting on the bonnet or trying to tip it.

I wonder if Asian and African elephants have different temperaments? I was in Africa fairly recently and we were in the middle of national parks and were warned about staying clear of elephants. But the few times we got relatively close to them in vehicles, we stopped and they wandered away. And once we were walking through bush on the outskirts of town and some were nearby, but we were never threatened by them. Just lucky, I guess.

2 Likes

I wonder if the highway patrol checked for drugs in the trunk.

4 Likes

Drive a rented car with good insurance.

3 Likes