Angry elephant terrifies tourists — who got too close — when it lifts and slams their safari truck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/21/angry-elephant-terrifies-tourists-who-got-too-close-when-it-lifts-and-slams-their-safari-truck.html

What an amazing display of power! A lucky escape for everyone involved.

I was reminded of this video. The elephant was not quite so big, but the stakes were just as high.

1 Like

I haven’t been on any safaris, so I don’t know the protocol. In the video the driver seems insistent on getting past the elephant, which stands in the middle of the road. Is there a reason why he didn’t just turn around and put some space between him and the elephant, maybe waiting down the road for a few minutes to see if the elephant went on its way? Or is it dangerous to show an elephant your vehicular backside?

3 Likes

i was wondering the same thing. why not just go the other way? take the long way back, if need be, but don’t be making aggressive moves at an already upset elephant!

2 Likes

Yeah, I always heard that steam was supposed to give way to sail, not the other way round.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.