"This is definitely the most bizarre question I have ever seen on a job application"

Yeah, I think “eat it” would pop out of my mouth before I knew what I was saying.

My brother, a computer programmer, was often asked to estimate how many stoplights were in a given city, and then explain how he arrived at that estimate.

I once asked a candidate “do you have any questions for me” and he picked up the Magic 8-Ball from my desk and ask “Will I get this job” then said “Signs point to yes” and then said “Nope, no other questions.” It was a pretty good interview until that point.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Employers don’t care about your expenses. Salary and compensation is about the value you bring to the company, not your costs.

1 Like
6 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: What a goddam gem that show was. I need to watch it again. It just gets better every time, especially knowing the big twist.

8 Likes

[cut to training montage set to “You’re the Best Around” as I’m teaching the elephant to fight crime]

11 Likes

Four words:

“Elephant. Burgers. Food. Truck.”

5 Likes

i don’t really believe in a hell but secretly hope there’s an exception for people who kill, maim, or exploit elephants for fun or profit.

9 Likes

does the elephant pull the food truck behind it?

3 Likes

I see a total lack of empathy for interviewers. Most interviewees walk in a total cipher, and it is almost impossible in 60 minutes or so to feel truly comfortable making a multi-month/year investment in a stranger.

If I can get any sort of signal at all from that time, it’s a (hard-fought) win.

Projecting traits or ideologies on interviewers based on the question is asinine. I asked the question to learn something about you that I didn’t know before - nothing more, nothing less.

4 Likes

Yes.

Pull the little lever on the back of the elephant and the burger comes out. See my original answer.

6 Likes

No. The serving station is on/in a howdah.
I’d call my business “Howdah Chowder” or “Howdah-You-Do Food”

And then I’d pack my trunk and run off to Hindustan, back to the jungle.

You may prefer this version, though.

5 Likes

African or Indian?

8 Likes

Apparently African elephants are now considered two (sub)species.

The African Forest Elephant and the African Savanna Elephant

9 Likes

Yeah, I have a feeling it’d just be a matter of time before I became “that homeless lady with the elephant”

11 Likes

Any updates on African swallows? We’re nearing the 50th anniversary, so I think Holy Grail is about due for an update/digital enhancement.

8 Likes

20 Likes

The correct response is "make an elephant tauntaun " then

5 Likes

You’d catch them by surprise.

Unlike me, as I came to make that very joke.

3 Likes

So basically if you’re a decent person and know this is morally wrong, you don’t get the job?

12 Likes