This Is Fine

Under Turkey’s proposal, beef would be required to come from cattle that is at least 16 months old. It would be marinated with specific amounts of animal fat, yogurt or milk, onion, salt, and thyme, as well as black, red and white peppers. The final product be sliced off the vertical spit into pieces that are 3 to 5 millimeters (0.1 to 0.2 inches) thick. Chicken would be similarly regulated.

Having just had a lamb kabab for dinner last night from an excellent Kurdish restaurant last night (Shout out to Xenia’s!) which I am certain the Turkish government would have all kinds of problems with, all I can say is

Get Out Of Here GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

12 Likes
10 Likes

probably true. at least in my own, anecdotal experience with my college bro days. betting the weekend football games was huge for us, even 40 years ago when i participated.
while i am not against online gambling (it is, after all, legal in florida) I will not be participating at this age. i can see how it could be a problem to younger me.

what’s the line on U Miami this weekend?

6 Likes

Goddammit, Keanu. Why?

16 Likes

9 Likes

Sheesh, what’s next, “Keanu Goes Hunting with Jordaddy”?

7 Likes

Yep, and Native Americans are Jews that crossed the Atlantic in submarines. And ancient Egyptians were Finnish.

320x240_31238
That guy was the king of Finland.

Found this photo of Stonehenge being built.

12 Likes
9 Likes

As long as the ship ends up somewhere where the ammonium nitrate is used to make fertiliser and not explosives… So not back to Kola.

The market volume of ammonium nitrate for 2024 is expected to be just under 50,000,000 metric tons. There are lots of ships, trains and lorries en route with the stuff at any given time. It’s been produced and used since 1659 and we’ll understood by now. Oppau (1921), Texas City (1947), Brest (also 1947), Oulu (1963) and Toulouse (2001) have led to regulations and practices for manufacturing, handling, shipping and storing. Insurance companies have their own set of practices to follow that usually are stricter than anything states come up with; which set of rules are met has a significant impact on the premiums they charge. Hint, hint… They also have the experts to assess risks.
(Beirut 2020 basically met all the don’ts for long term storage.)

What I’m getting at is that it should be quite possibly to determine whether it is safe to dock the ship and unload it or not as it is, or come up with procedures to make it safe.
Or come to the conclusion that it’s too expensive to make it safe and sink it.
But that’s merely the technical side of it.

The real problems might well be about who nominally owns the ship, who actually owns it, who owns the cargo, who bankrolled the deal, where and for how much is the ship insured, where and for how much the cargo is insured, where the cargo is intended to wind up eventually, and so on.

(Yes, it’s Sunday and I’m procrastinating.)

8 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I wish it was as easy to get away from AWS as it is to stop using Amazon for products.

13 Likes

I figure that although it’s great that California’s suing these fuckers, that they have to sue them - and why - makes it a This is Fine story.

8 Likes
12 Likes

Apple quietly removed 60 more VPNs from Russian app store, researchers claim

6 Likes

14 Likes

Rural-focused daily Maaseudun tulevaisuus continues its coverage on the plastic contamination of fertilisers as food stores don’t remove packaging when sorting expired food into organic waste.

The agricultural paper reports that the environment and forestry ministries will soon convene stakeholders to discuss what can be done about the plastic shred in fertilisers.

“We’ll consider whether it’s necessary to tighten the guidelines or legislation,” said Riitta Levinen, an official from the Ministry of the Environment.

According to the Finnish Food Authority, the law allows for a relatively large amount of plastic, as the maximum levels of impurities are based on weight. MT calculated that when spreading 20 tons of liquid manure on a hectare, the allowance is equivalent to 240 plastic bags’ worth of plastic shred.

8 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Let’s make it so thousands of people have to their rent with our app, so we can skim even more off the transaction. Surely we’ll never have a massive outage on the day rent is due!

They better not charge me for late rent…

(image instead of link because the only article about it is from the Daily Heil)

11 Likes