This Is Fine

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

There is no way this is going to end well.

2 Likes

FTA:

Robin D. Bullock has called it a sin to have voted for or to recognize Joe Biden as the president of the United States. Trump ally Roger Stone said he’s a “fan” of Bullock when the two appeared on a podcast last year to talk about the 2020 election.

Tax the hell out of them.

8 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

The Campi Flegrei caldera has a diameter of about 12-15 km (7.5-9.3 miles) and last erupted in 1538. One of its biggest eruptions took place some 39,000 years ago and might have led to the extinction of Neanderthal man, researchers say. Magma from that blast has been found in Greenland, some 4,500 km away.

That’s one hell of a trajectory.

5 Likes

That would be very, very bad. Unlikely as all hell, but lord, the consequences would be immeasurable.

This a deeper dive into the mechanism and outlook if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

Potential for rupture before eruption at Campi Flegrei caldera, Southern Italy | Communications Earth & Environment (nature.com)

5 Likes

That is the scariest thing I have watched in some time.

9 Likes

4 Likes

… “authoritative” sounds like the kind of thing their lawyers would discourage them from claiming :confused:

9 Likes

Amy Schumer Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

7 Likes

This just in: the people programming ChatGPT have never taken an information literacy class in their lives.

7 Likes

8A60D509-C742-4228-8DFE-C37B0E8347E0

Efffing two year olds stacked on top of each other pretending to be congress.

5 Likes

… what’s different about this Secretary of Defense?

3 Likes

I think they meant “authoritarian” anyway.

4 Likes

What world do we live in if a US General has to take steps to protect himself from fellow Americans?

4 Likes

But, Joe Biden is not very exciting! See, he’s just as bad!! Both sides are bad! No difference at all! (/s)

I can only hope no one is gonna try to bothsides this one. The fascists are fascists! They are telling us this! We need to believe them. They need to be voted out of any and all posts, from President to Congress to alderman or dogcatcher. Is it a “lesser evil” strategy? Yeah, maybe so. But, considering the nature of the “greater evil,” I am of the opinion that this is absolutely necessary. Taking the position that “it doesn’t matter who you vote for” is an incredibly privileged position. Yes, if you are a straight, cis, white, Christian male, it probably will not affect you directly. If you are anything else, or have friends or family who are anything else, you are directly under fire. At the very least, get registered and vote. Next, get involved with your community, get involved with your local politicians, apply pressure to move them to as progressive an outlook as you can. And this will take time, and move slowly. But it will move. It has to. Let’s get to it.

16 Likes

Emmy Awards GIF by Emmys

9 Likes