Anything to make it a ratings-driving “close race.”

:angry:

Greatest nation on earth!

Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

:angry: :angry: :angry:

that’s in the other greatest nation on earth though

Waving British GIF by Fed Cup by BNP Paribas

1 Like

They seem to be missing that T**** getting his ass handed to him would make great TV. The best ratings ever!

3 Likes

843bc3eccb20d030359f2f6b9c30b240

:sob:

2 Likes

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

6 Likes

That moment when the capitalists realize that the costs for cleaning up their messes are not only going to interfere with their profiteering, but also that they need to be able to deflect, delay delay delay, defer environmental justice for as long as humanly corporately possible.

ETA:

And on the other side of equation?
Human health.
Long-term viability for healthy ecosystems.
Positive futures.
Suffering in a thousand forms, each more grotesque than the last.

4 Likes

You can buy personal info of US military staff from data brokers for just 12 cents a pop

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/07/politics/capitol-police-arrested-armed-individual-us-capitol/index.html

This is an area occupied by lots of homeless folks living in a tent city, so anything is possible and may not be related to the Capitol.

3 Likes

Bad eIDAS: Europe ready to intercept, spy on your encrypted HTTPS connections

1 Like

Next step is to make sleeping in tents illegal so they go right back to jail?

This sounds like a very Suella Braverman approach, and I would not put it past her.

It also sounds like a very MAGA-oriented approach, and I would not put it past them either.

I hope none of this happens, but there’s an Orwellian “logic” to what you say.

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I wish it were possible to find the folks who win these bids, invite them to dinner parties, and give them only chairs with spikes to sit on. :imp:

1 Like

“… a chair with spikes.”

Two would be an extravagance.

5 Likes

4 Likes

US govt pays AT&T to let cops search Americans’ phone records – ‘usually’ without a warrant

2 Likes