This Is Fine

Very posh!
We’re here usin’ reeds soaked in feral hog fat, and well-dried Mullein stalks soaked in melted broken crayons that the young 'uns ain’t eaten.

10 Likes

Well, may I live in luxury now, but let me tell you, back in the old days we would dream of having crayons at all!

9 Likes

Obligs

6 Likes

YouTube clips in colour? Luxury!

6 Likes

YouTube? Luxury. We had RealPlayer

7 Likes

fred flintstone flintstones GIF

4 Likes

Disclosure: I love snakes. One of my best friends has a lot of snakes. Venomous snakes. I will not demonize snakes. They are a crucial part of ecosystems. They eat stuff that I prefer to not live with, like rats and mice etc.

Disclosure 2: I live in Texas, where it is very hot and rocky (thus: habitat). We have rattlesnakes. I prefer to be as far away from those as possible.

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

ETA: I know I haven’t got it as bad as Australians with their snakes. I get it. I’ve just been really close rattlers in a sudden, unexpected and immediate way. I’ve been lucky so far.

11 Likes

I am from WV. Home of the Rattlesnake Roundup. Where I live now, we have Black Snakes galore, which are very good at controlling rodents. I also love snakes. My wife? Not so much. But yes, all of the above!

9 Likes

Yeah Texas has Rattlesnake Roundups as well and they are so stupid I can barely wrap my mind around the massive hole in the food-web that they tear into the ecosystems they affect, annually.

The dang pest control industry must be doing delirious cartwheels of joy with each killing. The “extirpation” of one of the most lethal if not efficient biological controls for invasive, brutally reproductive rodents like non-North-American rats, just gone from the landscape courtesy of human fear and stupidity. Hey man, print that money!

This stupidity is widespread… alas:

The largest rattlesnake round-up in the United States is held in Sweetwater, Texas. Held annually in mid-March since 1958, the event currently attracts approximately 30,000 visitors per year and in 2006 each annual round-up was said to result in the capture of 1% of the state’s rattlesnake population,[5] but there are no data or studies to support this claim.[6]

10 Likes

My experience with the roundup as a resident in the ER involved a lot of drunk hillbillies who were involved in a contest where you get a canvas sack and climb into a ring to stuff as many pissed off rattlers into your sack as possible. Gave a lot of antivenin, saw a lot of reactions, was impressed with the stupidity of my fellow man.

11 Likes

3 Likes

https://www.state.gov/secretary-antony-j-blinken-at-mccain-institutes-2024-sedona-forum-keynote-conversation-with-senator-mitt-romney/

11 Likes

How did we get here? Seriously?

Since it’s (sort of) May the Forth: Hamas is a ragtag group of rebels fighting against a galactic empire that commits atrocities against innocents.

That’s not really what’s going on - Hamas are terrorists. But the story of the conflict is definitely of an underdog fighting against an overwhelming force. And the Israeli government did the classic villain trope of targeting innocent civilians in a draconian and hyper-reactive manner. Of course the narrative changed from Israel being the victims of the Oct.7 Hamas attack to the villains That’s what happens when you kill 12,000+ children in only a few months. You become the bad guys.

8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Of course he does. Cocaine!!!

6 Likes

… if he has wastewater coming out of his tap he probably shouldn’t drink it :thinking:

3 Likes

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

“That’s no Sunfish!”

6 Likes