This is what happens when movie props don't work as intended

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/30/this-is-what-happens-when-movi.html

13 Likes

:sweat_smile::laughing:

5 Likes

Makes crack about the pothead.

I’ll let myself out.

17 Likes

Why did that make me laugh?

7 Likes

My Kung Fu is very strong (not as strong as this vase…)

4 Likes

“don’t work as intended” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:thinking:

:grimacing:

3 Likes

The way it bounced makes me think it was a real vase accidentally on set, and that the guy probably needed stitches.

13 Likes

Why did the camera pull back so far right before that happened, like it knew just how far out-of-frame the vase was about to fly?

16 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, especially because of how everyone rushed over to check on him.

8 Likes

You know what else happens? People die:

I found this list fascinating.

5 Likes

This had me thinking about Brandon Lee’s unfortunate death, and how many people have been killed on movie sets?

ETA: Ah, @Grahamers20021 is on it.

9 Likes

Most hazardous job on movie set? Camera operator, especially for 3-D horror films.

4 Likes

It did work as intended, because why would the guy zoom out just before the vase was launched?

If it is real, betting someone forgot to replace the ceramic pot with the sugar glass one.

2 Likes

Feel bad for the camera guy, but the sound is wonderful. Too bad they’re talking under it, I want a copy.

This is also what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps.

3 Likes

And the kids who died making The Twilight Zone movie.It may be an urban legend but the kids in Jurassic Park could’ve ended up that way too (supposedly the T-rex punching through the roof of the car was an accident.)

ETA:
I decided to check. That’s sourced from an interview with the cast and here’s the direct quote:
" MAZZELLO We were in that car, and I think the T. rex was only supposed to go down so far, and the Plexiglas was the only thing between the dinosaur and us. It came down too far one time, and it chipped the Plexiglas and broke a tooth. And if you pause on it, you can actually see in the movie that there’s a shot during that scene where the T. rex was missing a tooth."

It sounds a bit ambiguous to me, but my guess is that it was supposed to break the plexiglass but one time it went down even further/with more force than it should have?

1 Like

Because you have a sense of humor.

1 Like

supposedly the T-rex punching through the roof of the car was an accident.

You realize the dinosaurs were CGI, right? :slight_smile:

Because we live in a sick culture that teaches us to take delight in other people’s pain?

2 Likes

Man, I don’t know what’s better: Korean soaps, telenovelas, or the east Indian version.

2 Likes