This lightweight backpack was great to have during my 5-week to Japan

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/23/this-lightweight-backpack-was.html

2 Likes

I also had my backpack on my person at all times in Japan when i visited about 2 months ago, and found it great to have. Question @frauenfelder have you ever gone to one of their baseball or soccer games? I went and saw the Yokohama Baystars play and the crowd was so lively, i had the best time and heard that their soccer matches are just as energetic. I’m looking forward to visiting again sometime in the future.

Side note: I took a ton of slo-mo videos while i was out there and would love to share if there’s any interest :slight_smile:

Here’s one of my favorites! The black butterfly is a Nagasaki-ageha apparently very rare, which i did not know in the moment:

I have slomo videos of a cat in a flower garden cleaning himself, some really neat dragon water fountains, traveling on the train, a few of koi ponds in the rain :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have an old Lowpro daypack that I have had since the mid 90’s. I use it for every single trip I take.

Wonderful video! If it’s a Nagasaki-ageha (Papilio memnon) it might be rare in that specific place, but it’s not rare or threatened at the global scale. They’re highly polymorphic tailless swallowtails, common in Asia, very beautiful.

1 Like

Yeah i meant locally though i was going off a blog post i had found, seemed to be from someone in Japan that was into insects/butterflies :slight_smile: but always great to find out more info about the butterfly

3 Likes

It fits in an overhead compartment? Tiny detail I’d like to know about…

2 Likes

Accroding to several of the Amazon reviews and answered questions, it fits in both overhead and under the seat. Also the details are in the product description…

1 Like

Most backpacks are going to easily fit in the overhead compartment. More relevant would be if it can fit under the seat or not. I don’t use these backpacks, it was slightly bulkier and even fully packed i could get it under the seat no problem. I don’t see any issues stowing this on the plane.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.