This man robbed a bank in 1969 and vanished. On Friday, authorities found him, just a few months too late.

Oh for the days when you could just disappear completely and never be found. Pseudocide, tombstoning, changing one’s appearance and all the old tricks just don’t work anymore.

4 Likes

…Dad?!

5 Likes

One part of Breaking Bad that I thought was pretty funny is that all these hardened criminals who desperately need to leave town with new identities are willing to trust a guy they never met and hand over $125k in cash so that they can “disappear.” How do they know that the Disappearer isn’t just pocketing the cash, shooting them and disposing of their bodies in the desert somewhere? And how is it that Albuquerque has so many people in this situation that the guy can make it a viable business?

Robert Forster was perfect in that role though.

3 Likes

Well, you have to remember it was really just a side gig to help support his vacuum cleaner repair shop.

1 Like

Right … this is the plan then. At 10:45 … you, Reg, collect me and Ken in the van, and take us round to the British Jewellery Centre in the High Street. We will arrive outside the British Jewellery Centre at 10:50 a of m. I shall then get out of the car, you Reg, take it and park it back here in Denver Street, right? At 10:51, I shall enter the British Jewellery Centre, where you, Vic, disguised as a customer, will meet me and hand me £5.18.3d. At 10:52, I shall approach the counter and purchase a watch costing £5.18.3d. I shall then give the watch to you, Vic. You’ll go straight to Norman’s Garage in East Street. You lads continue back up here at 10:56 and we rendezvous in the back room at the Cow and Sickle, at 11:15. All right, any questions?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.