This man took 25 hits of Molly (MDMA) every day for four years

I may be reading too much into it, but I noticed some quirks when we were in our late 20’s, simple stuff like losing a day of the week several weeks in a row, or having the same conversation repeatedly (“we discussed this last week”) type thing.

I’m hardly perfect so I know what you mean.

3 Likes

About what?

9 Likes

Sounds expensive.

It’s more of a rambling set of wild guesses by the doctor in question. Why was this published?

2 Likes

Not guesses, just observations about a subject who reported taking the largest amount of ecstasy that the researches had ever heard of.

2 Likes

Self-reported. The thing that makes me ignore any study

6 Likes

For sure. Especially in a field like this, just going off of my own personal experience of hearing people use the amount of drugs they’ve supposedly consumed as bragging rights. It’s just not reliable.

5 Likes

From Erowid:

A standard oral dose of MDMA is between 80-150 mg. Most good quality pills contain somewhere in this range, generally 80-120 mg. A large percentage of users find that, unlike with many other psychoactives such as LSD or mushrooms, there is a ‘sweet spot’ in MDMA dosage. Once this spot is found, higher dosages are not particularly desirable as they don’t increase the sought after effects or duration.

4 Likes

I saw a young person wearing an Erowid hoody the other day. It made me so happy

7 Likes

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

This man did not take 25 hits of Molly (MDMA) every day for four years (he’s just a naturally miserable SOB)

I knew a DJ back in the 90s who was regularly popping 10 to 12 pills on each night of the weekend, a couple through the week and smoked weed from dawn to dusk. Gram or two of coke on average.

For about 5 years running.

Nice guy, he was my dealer and I’d known him since kindergarten - but that guy is a fucking mess now, skinny, inattentive, hyperactive, dementia-level memory loss, motor control and language skills shot.

I ain’t judging, mind, just reporting.

13 Likes

One of the reasons I stopped taking drugs was interminable drug people conversations. 4am in some random idiot’s kitchen hearing the same old bullshit.

5 Likes

Elon Musk Smoking GIF

7 Likes

His drugs of choice are known to be adderall and diet coke, incidentally.

That and pounds and pounds of poisonous self loathing!

But, no joke: Trump is well known for his adderall habit, likely snorting at this stage. His nose has signs of collapse from it, too. (Scientific example - Cocaine/Adderall collapse - it’s identical to his nostrils)

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s only so many times you can discuss favourite TV shows without screaming.

One of my young friends worked out the trigger words for one of the older guys and she would regularly set him off because Dave would always tell the same tales.

3 Likes

Oh, it got worse than that; the final trigger was hearing ‘you remember that time when we were reaaallllly high?’ for the fuck knows how manyeth time. I quietly called a cab and just packed it in. I can refuse free cocaine these days. The good stuff, even.

4 Likes

Similar vibe here. Stone cold sober for a little over three years now and I don’t miss it, and damn, do I not miss the dumb bullshit one bit.

5 Likes

As a former professional DJ, I can testify that MDMA is one of the worst drugs to DJ on. Like alcohol it impairs technical ability and hand eye coordination, whilst inflating ones sense of ability. Leads to distraction and an inability to focus on the task at hand.
Weed and mushrooms however…

4 Likes

But anecdotes hardly equate to data, especially when the information is self reported by a patient with severely impaired memory.

2 Likes