This Mississippi school district's letter tragically firing an assistant principal for reading a children's book to a 2nd-grade class is also hilarious

NB: These people live in a place call Hinds County.

31 Likes

I’ll drink to that.

Bottoms up!

8 Likes

I saw that! The hilarity of having to respond to a reprimand for reading a book about a butt by emailing someone at name@hinds.etc is just too much.
The writers of this timeline are earning their pay today!

22 Likes

working as intended then. capricious standards and arbitrary enforcement are a bang up way of achieving and maintaining power over others

11 Likes

Someone needs to post up some signs around the school and the school district office reading “Delesicia Martin needs a new BUTT.”

3 Likes

I work at a library and for the kids’ October/Halloween book display, I put out a nice selection our “gross” books. I figured Halloween is a bit of a topsy-turvey “deviant” holiday and for kids, it can tend be more gross than scary anyway. So I put out books on farts, poop, barf, butts, stupid jokes, slugs, fungus, slime etc. One of my coworkers designed a sign with a picture of a big green ooze reading a book. The patrons loved it.

11 Likes

Now sung in the key of “REM”.

3 Likes

Maybe Ms. Martin can read 'Mein Kampf" for the kids next week?

4 Likes

Right? Let’s toss them a Bible and let them tear it up, deciding which parts would be acceptable to read to the kids. Then make them defend their (gasp) banning the bible in school!!!

10 Likes

It’s interesting that they are #4 in preschool enrollment, but #43 overall. The other Top 5 in preschool enrollment are all in the Top 5 overall.

4 Likes

Is this superintendent under the impression that this was NOT a book intended for children?? I mean…

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.38.37 PM

21 Likes

And nobody has yet said…

Christ, what a butthole!

6 Likes

fart band

19 Likes

That would make a great condolence card, should the ass. principal contest the firing and win!

8 Likes

TL:DR Ms Martin, “I have no sense of humour, and you are fired.”

Sheer perfection :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Reminds me of this:

2 Likes

I liked the musical.

5 Likes

And if you want to interest young kids in reading, you let them read (or be read to) books that include things like farts and butts.

I for one hated the whole “Captain Underpants” series, but GirlChild loved them, and they encouraged her to read. Now she;s a voracious pre-teen reader that’s going to put me in the poorhouse with her book habit.

(it’s not so much fart jokes nowadays as much as it is fantasy books about magic and supernatural horror)

14 Likes

Medieval Christians seem like they are more fun that todays fundamentalist xtians.

14 Likes

Except me. I’m in front of a big behind.

4 Likes