This Mississippi school district's letter tragically firing an assistant principal for reading a children's book to a 2nd-grade class is also hilarious

Originally published at: This Mississippi school district's letter tragically firing an assistant principal for reading a children's book to a 2nd-grade class is also hilarious | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Like all too many school administrators, Ms. Martin is completely disconnected from the tastes and sensibilities of her young charges. I doubt she even cracked a smile writing that letter.

45 Likes

Cheeky…

31 Likes

Yes, the shameful, terrible BUTT, which nearly everyone has. NEVER SPEAK OF IT.

This, my friends, is how you get adults who “never learned” to wipe their asses because they think it’s “homosexual” to perform bodily maintenance.

38 Likes

Wow. I did hear about this the other day, but didn’t take the time to read the letter or the book. The book is harmless. Some body humor that is mildly gross, but kids think that stuff is hilarious at the right age.

I remember in 1st grade in a reading less we covered the word “but” and was told we could laugh at it just this once. This one girl who was always in trouble for talking and being too loud just went in with 100% joy laughing at it.

Anyway - I imagine this Ms Martin is like a villain in a Tim Burton film - completely void of joy, creativity, and revolted by things out side of their norm.

24 Likes

Glad to see Ms Martin is working hard, and making the tough calls, to maintain her state’s ranking in education.

30 Likes

Everyone has a butt, but it takes a special kind of person to be an ass like this superintendent.

I hope the principal does request a hearing and at that hearing brings in each child to whom they read the book. Ask each kid the same question: “Did that book embarrass or disparage you?” If (as I suspect) none say yes, ask how their conduct could have exposed students to unnecessary embarrassment or disparagement if none of the students were embarrassed or disparaged.

25 Likes

Tuckus a minute to figure this one out.

32 Likes

We all find ourselves a little behind sometimes. Or a big behind.

20 Likes

Please, please, please tell me you’re being facetious. I can’t have that being a real thing.

4 Likes

Next up: “Everybody Poops” and “The Gas We Pass.”

My kids loved these when they were little. Guess they have to go, eh?

29 Likes

I have seen internet posts claiming it is indeed a thing… women who marry men who leave a mess in their underwear from not cleaning up. :confused:

15 Likes

I watched the video of the book reading. I have to take issue with the internal logic of the book. The replacement butts the kid is considering all have cracks in them! It makes no sense. This book should be banned!

I’m kidding. It’s a silly kids book. Farts and poop and gross stuff have been staples of primary school reading material for some time now. People should lighten up.

[Edited for subject-verb agreement.]

8 Likes

Just not something I expected to learn about today…

Barack Obama Potus GIF by Obama

14 Likes
26 Likes

A book I recently read on writing stated in its kids section that the most popular word for kids is fart. If you want kids to pay attention, use fart. You want engagement? Sprinkle a fart in there. And, naturally, a quick laugh is achieved by a fart.

16 Likes

A song for music class:

8 Likes

please tell me there will be a hearing and all the second graders will show up and make fart jokes in defense of this principal. is that too much to ASSk?

16 Likes

And, to be fair, some of our Founding Fathers were big proponents of farting!

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/document/to-the-royal-academy-of-farting/

7 Likes

What Ms. Martin doesn’t realize is that despite her efforts, kids will continue to relate gross jokes and stories to each other in the bathrooms and on the playgrounds. There is no stopping the rebellion.

17 Likes