This motorized standing desk helps me draw

Originally published at: This motorized standing desk helps me draw | Boing Boing

I have the https://www.autonomous.ai/ standing desk.

At first I was sceptical of the usefulness of a standing desk.

I’ve grown to like being able to stand while reading. During a meeting it’s really nice to be able to move the desk up so I’m not looking down into the laptop’s camera.

Lastly a standing desk is great if you are tall and like eating soup or rice.

2 Likes

Home office setup with built-in boiling water tap for tea and coffee without getting up is a monument to deskcess

3 Likes

I’m interested in an electric standing desk, but many of the ones I’ve seen are kind of wobbly, which isn’t acceptable to me in a tall desk. Stability is one of those things I can’t evaluate from the on-line specs of “holds 275 pounds” or whatnot. :-/

I purchased a desk from Flexispot at the beginning of the pandemic. While the quality has been reasonable so far, the support has been lackluster. They sent the incorrect desk the first time, took a while to get support to respond to my request for assistance. The monitor arm I ordered was incorrect as well, but by the time I found that out, it was too late to exchange it. If you do order from them, double check everything upon arrival and hopefully everything is correct.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.