This odor-beating trash can seals and refills its own bags

Seriously? Another ad for consumerist crap that’s got a simple low-tech solution? The rate this is going, the site might as well be called SalesBoing.

2 Likes

I want!

This will be great for disposing of my used Juicero packs, K-cups, and Lexmark cartridges!

5 Likes

dexter could have really used one of these. :smirk: my humor is dark tonight.

And it provides a fun game for the cat once it gets inside and trips the full sensor.

1 Like

My cats’ litter boxes are in the bathroom. But I also have a Litter Genie. While it’s kind of a pain, it’s more of an annoyance than the infomercial-style fail this ad copy points to.

2 Likes

Yikes, that got me scared that a cat could get sealed inside the bag :scream:, but I just now watched the video and thank goodness it doesn’t appear to automatically seal the bag when full, but rather requires a three-second press of a button from the outside. Whew. Make sure you know where your cat is before you press that button, folks!

2 Likes

A hot-sealing system placed next to bathroom garbage could never, ever, ever be a bad idea. My family never stuffs cans to overflowing, and would always use this in a sensible, non-wasteful way.

/s

2 Likes

Unless you’re Grizzly Adams, there are actually three constant hassles in life: Death, taxes and trash.

Are you suggesting that Grizzly Adams can’t die?!

3 Likes

Just… no.
Many thanks to all the folks whose insights upthread are spot-on.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/04/explore-garbage-wave/

Though trash remains a global problem, Mallos sees reasons to be hopeful. In the United States, for example, California voters in 2016 upheld a statewide ban on plastic bags. And in Indonesia, he says, there has been a shift in awareness: “We’re seeing an eager and willing group of stakeholders who are trying to step up and tackle these issues.” Put another way: The tide may be turning.

Seriously, bOING?
Seriously?
Are you wishing plastic on the rest of us even as your own state (home for at least some of your regular editors and publisher etc.) has made the sensible move away from petroleum-based, endocrine-disrupting plastics?

Dear @boingboingshop

Please do not add to the world’s plastic burdens, or seek profit by it.
Please.

I urge y’all to withdraw your consent from and participation in what is broken, unsustainable, polluting, life-negating, and frankly short-sighted in your pursuit of fiscal buoyancy.

Even if the clapback here is “our planet is screwed so who cares anyway” on this, consider owning your part of all this–don’t add to it.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.