This otherworldly place in China inspired the movie Avatar's landscape

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/10/this-otherworldly-place-in-chi.html

1 Like

Really cool video, but something about the narration bothers me. It’s “almost good enough” but not quite. It’s not horrible, but it isn’t good. It’s like an uncanny valley version of a professional voiceover: it fools you for a short while, which makes it more jarring when it’s revealed to be just some random guy they got, in order to not have to pay someone. Because, everyone can do voiceover right? I guess in the end, the voiceover quality detracts annoyingly from the amazing visuals. And yes, I did wake up with a headache this morning, if you must know.

I have a feeling that isn’t fog.

As did the paintings of the great Roger Dean…but the American Justice System thought otherwise :unamused:

1 Like

I was in Guilin, China a few years back and took one of those boat tours one can take there and saw some of the most amazing karst hills and giant bambo thickets. It was like going back in time to the Jurassic or earlier. Definitely inspirational geology.

Is this something like Spielberg’s “Space Harbor” (which allegedly was a night shot of LA inverted)?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.