This photographer shot the birth of her own child

Failed epidural or not, this requires some serious ability to compartmentalize pain in a way that I don’t have.

2 Likes

And I thought people who had their cameras out for almost the a whole concert were failing to live in the moment…

Then again, they are really good pics.

“Here I am on my birthday. Wasn’t I a handsome boy?”
– Winston Churchill

14 Likes

Like most of my children’s younger years, I like to relive them from memory and happy photos. With these rose colored glasses on I barely remember the sleepless nights, deafing screaming in my ear, over flowing diapers, and general misery of it. In fact I remember it being so easy we went and had another one.

2 Likes

Nice, but it’s missing the Tommy Gun.

5 Likes

Babies are ugly.

7 Likes

As I understand it, most wombs have a strict “no guns” policy. Dana Loesch would probably make an exception, but I don’t think she’s even human.

3 Likes

You can’t smoke in the womb either… at least not directly.

1 Like

I delivered my son, at home. Let’s just say that you’d do it once, but would likely opt for the nice hospital the next go round.

5 Likes

Was it planned or a “OH shit, this is happening right now.” sort of thing?

4 Likes

It was planned, but the day came very unexpected, hence the mid-wife not available, and Papasan & Mom got a crash course in human birthing. He’s 29 and thriving on planet Earth now…

PS. It ain’t for the faint of heart…

8 Likes

Snap!

Is there a club or something? If not, we should found one.

4 Likes

So a little bit of both, then.

2 Likes

Touché!

2 Likes

So get back to work, people!

1 Like

Whenever I see pics of ‘a bun’ freshly “popped out of the oven” I always hear Bruce Willis in my mind, screaming:

"Ahhhh! You put me BACK in, right now!"

8 Likes

As much recreational photography is made of people making babies, (or pretending to) It seems we could do with more pictures of delivering babies. There’s a tendency for people (men) to forget what all this plumbing is designed for after all! All hail sex positivity and ZPG and stuff, but I think its run away from us.

Kudos to this photographer, for doing two things at once -well!

4 Likes

House of Duras?

1 Like

I would assume it’s not incidental that the midwives are quite photogenic.

3 Likes