This pull-up bar hangs from a door frame without mounting hardware

Lats, delts and traps. I was a gymnast in high school and my back/shoulders still draw attention at the pool.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I found 2 places where I could put mine. One is in the inside of my closet - it doesn’t fit on the outside. The other is the laundry room, where it is today.

4 Likes

A simple oversight, thanks for pointing that out and I just did it :slight_smile:

Despite your accurate description I did not get how this works until I found this picture:

3 Likes

Pinkies:

5 Likes

I had one of these but it made some pretty serious dings in the moulding of the doorframe and I was always concerned it was going to pull the moulding away from the door.

Plus I’m content with my noodle arms

4 Likes

I’ve had one of these in three different doorways for periods of well over a year, and I use it. I found that wrapping tube socks around the ends fixed the issue with damage to the moulding on the door frame–there’s padding but it’s not quite enough. The moulding on top of the door hasn’t been an issue.

4 Likes

Gary Lawson said this is the only cartoon he drew based on real experience.

13 Likes

One more random voice agreeing that these are much more sound and safe than they appear at first glance. Socks wrapped around the bit that rests on the sides of the door frame will prevent marks, but over time you may still dent the wood. And the two or three different angles you can use it from are awesome.

5 Likes

Yeah, first I’d need a doorway where I didn’t need to duck in the first place.

2 Likes

I bought this exact model years ago. Three apartments in I haven’t found a doorway it’ll work in. Damned fancy trim and thick plaster walls everywhere in this city.

3 Likes

which tidepool ?

asking for a friend.

We have one. No mishaps. We use it a lot.
Off-label uses:

• hang drip-dry laundry
  • hang wet raingear
  • hang freshly ironed clothing for the next day’s wear
  • hang wet dog leash (esp. the reel-in kind, reeled fully out, after walkies in the rain)
5 Likes

Our current home is the first one in a decade where I can’t use this thing. (And I need it now more than ever!) Tough to motivate to go hang in the doorway of the shed this time o’ year.

Although, complaining about that “out loud,” I think I see a halfway decent way to… hmm, gonna need some tools…

A possibility if you have concerns about your full weight or falling is… don’t actually lift yourself off the ground… just almost do it. If you’re tall enough, or your door frame low enough, or you can put a support step under you.

Hey! My NordicTrack does all that

1 Like

How do you hang it from the doorframe?!? :flushed:

2 Likes

Ha, I neglected to include the following quote from j9c. Not to say I didn’t get a lot of use out of my NordicTrack but a damaged knee has sidelined it. It did collect hangings, though, and I had a cat that loved to sit on the pressure pad.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.