Did you know you can store a yoga ball by pushing it into a ceiling corner?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/19/did-you-know-you-can-store-a-yoga-ball-by-pushing-it-into-a-ceiling-corner.html

8 Likes

Yes. Don’t ask.

10 Likes

I am also without yoga ball for testing, but I’d guess it stays up for just a short time. Long enough for a photo.

(But I hope I’m wrong)

P.S. I found one reference on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShittyLifeProTips/comments/1bgsefd/lpt_you_can_store_yoga_ball_into_a_corner_of_the/

1 Like

Maybe if you rub it and give it a hell of a static charge? :thinking:

8 Likes

This is not a correct translation of the second part of the sentence. There is no subject, but it is clear from context markers* that he is saying, “I feel like there are so many things that I don’t know.” Or in more natural English: “I guess you learn something new everyday, huh.”

*The らしくて (“it seems”) at the end of the first part of the sentence makes it clear that he is not a regular user himself, but is relaying something that he has seen or heard about without certainty.

11 Likes

Drawing Motivation GIF

7 Likes

and would it work if one used a non-ribbed yoga ball? (yes yes, condom snigger)

11 Likes

gravity always wins

2 Likes

Huh. I’ll report back if it falls. I have a larger one with a smoother surface, that will not stay, so it doesn’t work on all of them.

ETA:

fell sometime in the last two hours?
But this smaller one (30 cm?) is still up from this morning.

So, maybe size dependent? So, if I get a bigger place, they’ll all stick?

20 Likes

Dexters Laboratory What A Fine Day For Science GIF

21 Likes

Love that alien.

5 Likes

“Now it’s time to go sleepy-bye you worthless piece of garbage.”

8 Likes

Nobody puts Rover in the corner!

34 Likes

I really didn’t think it would work, but it does. We have eggshell finish paint on the walls and the ceiling is matte. The ball was dusty from being neglected for a few years.

7 Likes

Beat me to it, but your double-reference is far better than what I had cued up.

3 Likes

Man, I do need to brush up on my phenomenology.

3 Likes

Presumably it works til,ooooh, 3am, then falls down and scares the shit out of you.

11 Likes

I have a giant ribbed white one like the photos. It does not stay up.

2 Likes

You ARE talking about a yoga ball, aren’t you?

9 Likes

I wedged the gray one back up there. It feels a bit like Chekhov’s theraball, waiting for it to go off. If this was a movie, a gunman would come in, my GF would throw her drink, missing him, but hitting the ball, which falls on him, deflecting and then we tackle him.
So there’s that concern, but it is a space saver.

7 Likes