This quality full-sized guitar breaks down for easy travel and still sounds amazing. 

Originally published at: This quality full-sized guitar breaks down for easy travel and still sounds amazing.  | Boing Boing

Carrying around an acoustic guitar is an instant badge of cool, a shining beacon that yeah, man, I really am this badass and I might whip out a song any second to prove it.

I don’t really know about this. I’d think carrying around an Apprehension Engine ready to whip out and play a tune at a moments notice would be way more badass!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Is this true?

Was it ever true?

3 Likes

“breaks down” eh?

4 Likes

Get with the times, man.

A guitar, cumbersome? Try travelling with a double bass or concert harp!

Or a theorbo:

[a friend of a friend once had to buy a plane ticket for a “Mr. D. Bass”]

This might have been true 40 years ago, not anymore. Part of the problem is that everybody plays guitar now. And lots of people are kind of mediocre at it. And the nature of the instrument lends itself to a lot of the same kinds of chords and licks.

Violin on the other hand, most violinists start out young, and so are accomplished by the time they are in their late teens-- it’s a tough instrument to master, a mediocre guitarist can wing it, a mediocre violinist cannot. I am a guitarist and I think violins are way cooler.

That said, this still looks like it might be a nice guitar. But taking the neck off with the strings still on is just asking for them to get tangled and bent.

1 Like

I assure you, in the late 60’s, being able to play an acoustic guitar was a serious honking chick magnet. And NO I did not play one. :frowning:

The Yamaha Silent is a fabulous solution. Yes, you need a speaker, but wow.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.