This renewed Apple iMac is on sale for just $379

But then you realize it’s an 8 year old refurb for almost $400 and realize that they brought it on themselves.

1 Like

It’s not just this one, though. It’s like, almost every one.

BoingBoing: Hey we got a cool new [sponsored] deal here, works like a charm, it’s great, check it out and help out your favorite site!

Responder1: Oh look, more “1000 hours of training for $25”, never seen that before eye roll

Responder2: If I signed up for every BoingBoing training I’d need 15,000 free hours to do it all

Reponder3: Lol no kidding. By the year 2027 I will be a full stack developer and javascript game dev if those things are still things then

Responder1: lolololololol

BoingBoing: :frowning:

I also have the i5 which seems pretty usable, but I have no idea about the i3. I’m guessing it’d be fine for most home stuff and photo editing if the memory was maxed… and an SSD installed. SSDs truly are the savior of older hardware. I have a later Core 2 Duo that is still able to work it’s magic thanks to maxed ram (16 gig) and an ssd.

That said, you can find my top of the line 2010 i7 on Craigslist for 379 or less. I expect to be using it for a few years yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.