This Running up that hill in acapella rendition is mind blowing

Originally published at: This Running up that hill in acapella rendition is mind blowing | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Yup - solid!
Shoutout to the beat boxer in this too!

6 Likes

big-boi-kate-bush

6 Likes

We are all entitled to our opinions. Having listened to the Hounds of Love album since its release in 1985, I can’t agree that you think MayTree’s vocalist does a better job on the vocals for “Running Up That Hill.” I dunno, maybe at this age with a divorce under my belt, the song really hits harder now. And Kate’s voice still makes me weep. Sometimes, you just can’t can’t better the original.

1 Like

I would say it’s technically better, from a musician’s standpoint, but the rawness and passion of the original is genius.

6 Likes

One thing Rick Beato has helped me appreciate more (through his YouTube channel) is that the imperfections of good musicians are what helps make the classics great, alive, and compelling. The emotion of Kate’s singing touches me significantly, where a smooth, pitch perfect performance (dare I say with Autotune?) might not have me feeling so much.

3 Likes

The above cover was not done with autotune. They are legit musicians. They’re just not Kate Bush.

2 Likes

Not saying this cover had Autotune. I’m speaking of performers in general nowadays, vs. back in the day.

Wow! That is ON POINT!

1 Like

It was too short and a very nice complete rearrangement. Also amazed YouTube are paying musicians decently, no idea how it or YouTube Music might actually shake through. It’s still the case that after about 200 listenings (Kate Bush, not this) I can make out the lyrics a bit…“Road” for example.

3 Likes

Loved it.

PS: Poking around MayTree’s other posts, I was really entertained by their “iPhone” sounds medley. Recommended!!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.