This service retrieves your dead loved ones' tattoos and preserves them as framed mementos

Originally published at: This service retrieves your dead loved ones' tattoos and preserves them as framed mementos | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I looked, and now I’m not gonna unsee it. Damnit.

4 Likes

15 Likes

OK, but hear me out: a picture of the tattoo. Instead of a dead person’s skin framed inside your house.

17 Likes

I imagine the removal process being like yanking off a large plaster, or, in the case of the very large tattoos, like yanking a table cloth.

5 Likes

Meh, Ed Gein did it first.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Blech, you win. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

I dunno… It is different but there have been a lot ways people memorialized the dead that we would find odd now. They used to have reliquaries for various religions, for example.

I think people should be allowed to explore different ways to memorialize someone.

Just - for the love of god, not this one…

13 Likes

You don’t even have to replace “dead loved ones” with “victims” for this to be creepy.

My Dad had a tattoo of Felix the Cat that he got in the Marines in the late 1950s. Over the years, Felix got shorter and stouter. A copy of his tattoo in his 80s would have been ridiculous to save.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Isn’t this part of the plot of “Evil Dead”. Or something.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of taxidermists around me and I’ve always wondered how deep their hobby would go…

5 Likes

Yeah, get the original tattoo artist (or another one) to draw the tattoo again. That would actually be a good memento

5 Likes

These nazi guys were the worst.

4 Likes

That opening image is nightmare fuel. Something about the sheen and how he is holding it.

The rest of the story is interesting though.

3 Likes

It’s not the same, but still, it reminds me of the Dr Who episode at the end of the universe where one of the characters is a woman reduced to skin stretched in a frame with just her face on it.

2 Likes

Lady Cassandra has entered the chat

8 Likes

Also The Umbrella Academy this year

2 Likes

From the examples given on the website, I’d say that’s the only one worth saving. American Graffiti logo? WTF!?!

2 Likes