This small dog fell off a yacht and swam seven miles to shore

Originally published at: This small dog fell off a yacht and swam seven miles to shore | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Poor pup! And with those stumpy l’il corgi legs, too.

15 Likes

Clever, brave (lucky) dog. But probably drifted further than it ‘swam’.

8 Likes

Sounds like the pup fell into the river, so it seems to me like they were pretty close to the shore when it happened - my guess is that she swam the short distance to the shore and then had a grand old time exploring the shoreline before she was found seven miles away.

19 Likes

Or it was all a clever hoax on the dog’s part and she was never even in the water at all…

9 Likes

This is a great set up for a Pixar movie; like a canine version of “Overboard”. A wealthy, pampered pooch falls overboard from their owners’ yacht, and has to take up with a stray pooch to survive.

6 Likes

Atwood asked the man to bring the dog to him on the River Road in Rockledge where they were finally reunited.

Hm.

6 Likes

I was thinking the same. But nonetheless, had to avoid gators during the walk! :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Just glad the gators :crocodile: didn’t get her .

6 Likes

Someone pour that doggo a puppers, he deserves it.

4 Likes

Good excuse to repost this ol’ classic corgi gif.
corgi-cute

13 Likes

Or, just swam to shore and was wandering around.

Even the TV article said “swam 7 miles”, when it’s obvious that’s not what the dog did.

2 Likes

I foolishly interpreted

Jessica made it to the shore of a Rockledge neighborhood

to suggest that someone saw her come ashore.

A foolish assumption on my part.

(And @Elmer who made the same point first, earlier in the thread.)

1 Like

Probably JFK Jr rescued her

6 Likes

I believe the dog is actually a cork-e not a corgi… it just floated and bobbed around

5 Likes

dog_corgi_takeoff

5 Likes

‘Far have I traveled and short are my strides.’

5 Likes

Friendly PSA: When you bring your dog on the water, unless you know they’re a really good swimmer in the conditions of the water at the time, you should probably have them where a life jacket.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.