This spiritualist killed himself to prove that the afterlife exists

I will say that killing oneself shows a level of commitment you just don’t see from today’s modern charlatans. These days, they abandon the bit as soon as the courts get involved.

10 Likes
11 Likes

black and white life GIF

4 Likes

This is a level of commitment to the cause that I can respect, and I would urge other woo-hawkers to demonstrate similar enthusiasm for the scientific method.

5 Likes

Similar doesn’t mean exactly the same. No telling who they might kill.

1 Like

[wikipedia]

Before Houdini died, he and his wife agreed that if Houdini found it possible to communicate after death, he would communicate the message “Rosabelle believe”, a secret code which they agreed to use. Rosabelle was their favorite song. Bess held yearly séances on Halloween for ten years after Houdini’s death. She did claim to have contact through Arthur Ford in 1929 when Ford conveyed the secret code, but Bess later said the incident had been faked. The code seems to have been such that it could be broken by Ford or his associates using existing clues. Evidence to this effect was discovered by Ford’s biographer after he died in 1971. In 1936, after a last unsuccessful séance on the roof of the Knickerbocker Hotel, she put out the candle that she had kept burning beside a photograph of Houdini since his death. In 1943, Bess said that “ten years is long enough to wait for any man.”

5 Likes

What if Kurzweil doesn’t make it?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.