This Starchive 1TB cloud storage account doesn’t just hold your content – it curates it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/16/this-starchive-1tb-cloud-storage-account-doesnt-just-hold-your-content-it-curates-it.html

So, my organized folders on my own storage aren’t “curated”, eh? Pff.

5 Likes

Starchive is my favorite cloud service!

9 Likes

A lifetime subscription. Here’s the catch: What is Starchive’s “lifetime”? No one knows.

5 Likes

StarChive is infinite… Starchive is eternal… Starchive Battles evil and protects the universe.

8 Likes

Starchive has ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia

7 Likes

Starchive is Eurasia… Starchive is all States… StarChive is All.

4 Likes

I’ve been debating setting up an Internet connected NAS at one of my relatives homes, with some holes in their routers to allow me to scp/ssh/rsync files into them. I have a 3Tb NAS at home, and doing a quick sync every now and then would be pretty easy.

Most of what’s on my NAS are movies, tv series and calibre backups… Nothing that isn’t eventually replaceable, but it would take a while.

I bought the NAS for about $120 4 or 5 years ago, and after tweaking the OS and services, it works pretty well with my TV and Kodi device.

1 Like

Starchive knows all. Bow before the omniscience of Starchive!

4 Likes

Starchive knows that you know Starchive knows all, StarChive always was and always will be.

3 Likes

Starchive was here before Google, and will be here when Google is forgotten by all except Starchive.

4 Likes

Everybody but Commie, Pinko traitors loves Starchive. You love Starchive, don’t you? meaningful but soulless stare

1 Like

Only 1TB? That’s insufficient for even an old collection of kitteh videos. And no room for ducklings. Feh.

Busted.

2 Likes

Good curators know when to deaccession objects.

Starchive doesn’t care about trivial kinds of time travel, but it stamps hard on the real thing; any manifestation of closed timelike paths that could jeopardize its own history.

2 Likes

Weakly godlike entities tend to get…snippy about that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.