This surgeon says snoring is a voluntary habit and can be cured by singing God Save the Queen with your tongue poked out

This… has to be a prank, right? I mean, even if this were effective, why God Save the Queen? Does My Country 'Tis of Thee work too? (Not that you should sing that mind. I find singing a patriotic song to the tune of some other country’s national anthem just a bit tacky, regardless of the history between them) What if I sang Land of Hope and Glory instead?

From the literal article you can expand on top of this page:

sing something familiar like your national anthem.

3 Likes

Ah, you’re right, and I apologize. I admit, I skimmed after the advice hit the point where it was not physically possible for me to do. Namely, I’m not able to touch my nose or chin with my tongue.

Yeah, how many people can do that? It strikes me like one of these magic spells from old grimoires - they often have a step that’s totally impossible (use warm-weather crops grown in the Arctic circle, braid impossibly short hairs, make a ring out of pure room-temperature mercury, etc), essentially acting as “get out” clauses. “Oh, the spell didn’t work? Did you [do impossible thing]? No? There’s you’re problem, then.”

Presumably its about muscle tone in the mouth. Probably a whole lot of things which would accomplish that. Some of them NSFW.

My girlfriend snores like a drunk badger. I’m going to make her do this just for the lulz.

1 Like

The only song I’m familiar with is ‘music for airports’

1 Like

It’s true. I’ve never heard anyone snore while singing God Save the Queen with their tongue sticking out.

1 Like

Well, I tried. Turns out she doesn’t believe yer ‘doctor’ man there any more than others in this thread. She even suggested that I snore. Me?!?!?!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.