This surgeon says snoring is a voluntary habit and can be cured by singing God Save the Queen with your tongue poked out

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/28/this-surgeon-says-snoring-is-a.html

2 Likes

And hey, even if it doesn’t stop the snoring, I bet that kind of tongue muscle toning would still be appreciated by any consenting adults you happen to share a bedroom with.

17 Likes

I’ll give it a try later

10 Likes

Peer-reviewed study or GTFO.

14 Likes

singing God Save the Queen with your tongue poked out

21 Likes

“This surgeon says snoring is a voluntary habit and can be cured by singing God Save the Queen with your tongue poked out”

The Queen. With your tongue poked out.

I see.

3 Likes

Damn! You covered that with graphics! Damn!

1 Like

This is a lost Monty Python sketch, isn’t it?

10 Likes

Well, she appears to have made this guy a moron…

4 Likes

I wonder if the mechanism of action is supposed to be the specific movements required to sing the song; or is it your faith and loyalty in your head of state that cures you?

If so; will my snoring get worse if I treasonously coddle up to a foreign hereditary tyrant; but abate upon sufficient recitation of the pledge of allegiance?

3 Likes

That should be

“Save the Queen with your tongue poked out.”

3 Likes

I’m a bit lacking in that department. I tried searching the Internet for ways to lengthen it, but found the weirdest stuff instead. (I can tie a knot in a cherry stem however.)

4 Likes

I thought everyone knew about this Sovereign remedy?.

(I will just let myself out, as the man used to say)

1 Like

That look on Her Majesties face is quite normal, the photo was taken at Royal Ascot. You see that expression on any of the famous horse trainers at a race meeting. Her horse is winning, Her opponents horses are losing. “OH YES, bitches, I WIN !”[quote=“fuzzyfungus, post:10, topic:100047”]
If so; will my snoring get worse if I treasonously coddle up to a foreign hereditary tyrant; but abate upon sufficient recitation of the pledge of allegiance?
[/quote]

We must do SCIENCE to it !

2 Likes

I heard Trump is looking for a Surgeon General…

1 Like

I was just wondering if the gentleman is a surgeon, or a “surgeon”.

2 Likes

Kind of like… Bod’ saves the Queen.

1 Like

Maybe the former rather than the latter. ‘State’ of your head beats Head of State every time.

Foreign or domestic, I don’t think it’s gotten so bad that your sinus passages matter to ‘your’ tyrant. Not yet.

There are peer-reviewed studies that say playing the didgeridoo can help, so this actually isn’t as silly as it sounds.

5 Likes

Or a “barber.”

2 Likes