This sushi-making robot can churn out 2400 nigiri balls and 200 sushi rolls in an hour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/25/this-sushi-making-robot-can-ch.html

5 Likes

I for one welcome our robot sushi chef overlords!

9 Likes

No fugu!!

4 Likes

Needs a loony-toon conveyor belt right into my mouth.
[Stomach growls]
[Checks the time]
Lunch is sooo far away.
[Flops over]

4 Likes

Who else is disappointed it was not an anthropomorphic robot. Possible with a weird uncanny valley face.

7 Likes

tumblr_me60lzACPX1qh2mrro2_500

4 Likes

Results pretty much what you’d expect: better than poorly-made human sushi, tasty enough but not like a careful person makes. Makes really bad sushi fast, if the cook doesn’t know what they’re doing: mushy, bad flavor, etc.

1 Like

There was an update on that just recently. :frowning:

6 Likes

Yum. This makes me miss The X-Files

2 Likes

Soundtrack for that clip:

7 Likes

Wow, cool to see the live performance. This gives the nostalgia a good shake.

3 Likes

I realize that not only am I demonstrating that I am an Old with this complaint, but I am also screaming into a void that could not care less, but…

Is it really too much to ask to have a simple linear narrative video to show the whole process, which also doesn’t constantly jump cut away from each image before I can even get my eyes to focus.

Fer fuck’s sake!

4 Likes
2 Likes

No. I thought the same thing – like is our attention span so short these days the cuts can’t be more than 500ms apart?

2 Likes

That works too.
But I’m fairly certain the music is something by Steve Reich

1 Like

Well damn. I’ve been replaced. My sushi making days are over!

we are all
In some way or
Another going to
Reseda someday

2 Likes

Does RoboJiro Dream of Electric Sheep?

3 Likes

2400 nigiri balls/hour? I don’t think I can eat them that fast…but I’ll try.

4 Likes

If there’s a robot that makes Dim Sum I’ll go head to head with you. Just for giggles.

4 Likes