This TikTok channel shows bail enforcement officers at work

Originally published at: This TikTok channel shows bail enforcement officers at work | Boing Boing

This looked fake and setup.

Illegal, rude, staged, and desperately clawing for a TLC show. Fuck these clowns.

9 Likes

“bail enforcement officer”?
So they’re bounty hunters? Cosplaying as cops? Did they say something about having a warrant? (Which, if they wouldn’t have if they were bounty hunters.) Demanding IDs and looking through people’s phones? Carrying around cameras and filming inside homes? I’m not sure where sleazy/staged ends and illegal begins, here…

3 Likes

Some states have laws governing what bounty hunters can and cannot do. Some states don’t. In the states that don’t, the bounty hunters are free to lie about whatever they want in order to trick you into letting them into your home. It’s pretty disgusting, in my opinion, especially since I think most bail should be done away with anyway. There’s not a lot of evidence showing that it’s effective at doing what it’s supposed to do (ensuring people show up in court). Mostly, bail is just another tool to trap people into the criminal justice system. And these assholes are profiting off it. So fuck em. I have no idea if this is staged or not, but either way, fuck em.

8 Likes

Hey, you have a small bond and now that we have you on the phone, tell you what: we’ll foot the bill if you let us ‘capture’ you with a film crew in tow and have everyone at the house signs these waivers. (Boom, five season deal between Hoarders and Dance Moms reruns. Just gotta build up that social media clout and wait for the call. Any day now. Any day.)

2 Likes

Posting video that shows innocent people and reveals their first name and DOB? Pretty sure this is fake, or a really stupid idea, or both.

Some states have laws governing what bounty hunters can and cannot do. Some states don’t. In the states that don’t, the bounty hunters are free to lie about whatever they want in order to trick you into letting them into your home.

LEOs allowed to lie + civil asset forfeiture = 'Murica

5 Likes

They’re not gonna get a tv show with those obnoxious haircuts.

Meh. I’ve seen enough Dog the Bounty Hunter from the early 2000s, I’m good.

4 Likes

If these doofuses showed up at my door in the cosplay, boy, would I have some fun with them. I’d be talking smack about their fake-ass badge, their fake-ass made up ‘task force’, their stupid ass haircuts. I’d be laughing hard while slamming the door on 'em, then go over and get my 12 gauge in case they want to get more stoopid ass in my castle.

I agree with others here, this was made up.

… basically if you’re a fugitive then it doesn’t matter how they catch you

It’s not like messing up an arrest or raiding a house without a warrant

If they get you, they get paid

2 Likes

And they get thrown in jail if they try that nonsense in Canada. BTW an ‘officer’ is a person granted or assigned the office by some level of government. These guys are thugs looking for easy money.

2 Likes

Yeah, but if they’re letting people believe they’re affiliated with law enforcement, and misrepresenting that they have a “warrant” to enter the house of someone other than the person who got bail… that could be legally problematic (at the very least).

1 Like

I can’t even follow along because I’m too focused on “White Man Thinning Hair Mohawk”.

These are not LEOs.

It looks like all of the videos have been taken down, so I’m guessing they either ran afoul of some TikTok term of service, or the uploader got tired of everyone calling out the fakeness.

2 Likes

This guy’s whole thing is fake. It’s all scripted with actors.

2 Likes

YouTuber Patty Mayo Is Not Affiliated With Oregon Sheriff’s Offices - Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association (oregonsheriffs.org)

“We are aware of the YouTuber Patty Mayo and his activities in Deschutes County. Mr. Mayo is not a member of law enforcement, nor affiliated in any way with any sheriff’s office in Oregon. He is an actor, and the uniform he wears is a costume. Additionally, every person featured in his videos are part of his production crew or are paid actors/actresses.”

More in the link, essentially, they know he’s fake, but law in Oregon lets him do what is he is doing. He’s got a big YouTube presence as well, if you want to see what his stuff is now that it seems TikTok just took the videos down. I’d not recommend giving him any views, personally.

3 Likes

Are you so sure? He did…

Oh man, the rules regarding bounty hunters are so lax, they could shoot you down and your surviving family members would have no recourse.

““It was just that quick,” Schartow recalled. “He didn’t say anything. Never said, you know, ‘bail bonds company.’ He just started shooting me.””

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.