Do real billionaires need a bail bond?

Originally published at: Do real billionaires need a bail bond? | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Guiliani also used a bailbondsman. It’s almost like these guys are constantly lying about who they are… /s

22 Likes

It makes good economic sense…if you’re planning to flee :man_shrugging:

22 Likes

… on the upside, it means someday soon we may get to watch a crew of bounty hunters track him down and bring him in, shirtless and in irons

the best season of Celebrity Apprentice ever

29 Likes

Spider hole at Bedminster next to his ex-wife’s grave.

11 Likes

… Melania forgot to put “no dead ex-wives in the yard” in the prenuptial agreement :grimacing:

11 Likes

Given what I have seen about most bail bond bounty hunters I think a lot of them are on his side

8 Likes

… they can hustle him for autographs while they’re breaking into Mar-a-Lago and beating him up

12 Likes

I seem to recall that Jackle Browne answers this question

6 Likes

The answer is quite obvious…he has no money.

Tr*mp has assets - but nothing liquid which means his cash flow is directed almost entirely to making debt payments. He’s the very definition of a paper billionaire. I’d be surprised if he has more than $1000 in his personal checking account.

All bullshit, no cattle.

Sad Freddie Mercury GIF by Queen

21 Likes

I wonder who pays his aircraft’s fuel bill?

10 Likes

Who says the bill gets paid? why wouldn’t it be like all his other bills?

13 Likes

That’s a prime example…all of his aircraft are owned by DJT Operations LLC. Donny doesn’t actually own it. The Trump Organization pays the bills.

It’s the way these richies structure their lives - they own assets from which they borrow against the equity with no-payback loans. So many subsidiaries and shell companies that are the legal owners but that also means every nickel of cash is highly leveraged.

18 Likes

I asked because doubt the jet fuel company would fuel a plane whose owner’s were delinquent in paying their bills … but Hair Furore has found many marks before, so who knows?

@anon81034786 I doubt Donny owns anything whatsoever, in person - it’s all in layers of companies and subsidiaries and trusts and overseas tax havenish brass plates, etc. (which I must have been typing as you edited your post. Snap! :wink: )

6 Likes

i mean maybe that’s the theory here too. maybe he got someone else to front the 30k, and has no intention of paying them back ( except perhaps in the form of a pardon )

i assume most of his supporter’s money goes to buying diet soda and fast food

7 Likes

I don’t know about in Florida but in my state you can’t just pay with your own money, you have to prove it was legally obtained and that takes a long time and is virtually impossible. You have to pay a bail bondsman if you dont want to rot in jail for 6+ months before your money is acceptable.

Its a scam.

23 Likes

German credit cards tend to not work at US gas pumps, so when we were on holiday in the US we would normally have to go inside to have the gas station attendant charge the card. No way would they dispense any gas without seeing the colour of our money first. Why would that be any different for aircraft, especially with known crooks like Trump?

4 Likes

We’re talking about a man who once bilked his own nonprofit out of $7 because he was too cheap to pay Don Jr.’s Cub Scout registration fee.

13 Likes

It says here

The burden of proof is on the defendant to show the collateral and money paying the bond premium is from a legitimate source. A Nebbia hold requires the defendant and co-signers of the bond to produce and disclose the source of the premium and collateral prior to the defendant’s release. If the nebbia hearing determines the funds came from the same activity that was responsible for the defendant’s arrest, the courts usually keep the funds and deny bail.

https://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/consumers/understanding-insurance/bail-bonds-overview

The plot thickens.

13 Likes

“Behind every dollar in Trump’s pocket, lies a great crime”

• Honoré de Balzac, probably
12 Likes