After Trump's flight broke down, the cheap grifter is now asking his fans to buy him a plane

Originally published at: After Trump's flight broke down, the cheap grifter is now asking his fans to buy him a plane | Boing Boing

15 Likes

My old home county being used as an dump for rich people play things. I’m sure the locals, NYC day trippers who stopped by while visiting Legoland & kids of wealthy chinese immigrants would love to throw some rocks at it.

18 Likes

St this point I’m ok with him draining his racist rubes’ pockets for cartoonish reasons like this. Every dollar they give to Biff is one less they’ll be able to donate to the smarter and more dangerous fascists swimming up in his wake.

46 Likes

Sorry, can’t hear you over the Russian oligarch’s laughter.

Even under sanctions his buddies still have more planes each. Working planes.

22 Likes

JFC? Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Maybe he can sell an NFT of the artist’s conception of the plane.

27 Likes

I’m sure that the suggested donation (with monthly auto-donation checkbox nailed in place) starts higher than that.

21 Likes

Maybe he and Kenneth Copeland could try and put together a telethon.

“Super Grifters Need Your Money”

15 Likes

Clap Applause GIF

11 Likes

“I have a very important update on my plane, but I need to trust that you won’t share it with anyone,”

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

29 Likes

Just want to point out that CNN link is over a year old and they actually found an engine for Trumps 757 and it’s currently in Louisiana being repaired.

10 Likes

" I can’t wait to unveil it for everyone to see"

So, presumably, it will be revealed shortlly after his health plan.

28 Likes

I just want to say that the thought of all these parasites polluting the sky with their stupid jets pisses me off. I wish the Kimmy Schmidt rich blimps thing was real. They’d be easier to shoot down.

11 Likes

you’ll have to wait until after Infrastructure Week.
let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

15 Likes

Wait, hasn’t he just raked in a giant pile of cash from DWAC, the SPAC underwriting his Truth Social social network? Or did his co-grifters who set the thing up for him skim off all the profit, leaving Donald with nothing? That would be so very on-brand.

And what about his I Totally Won The Election (or whatever it’s called) SuperPAC? Isn’t that supposed to be giving him a guaranteed no-strings-attached source of revenue? What about all the money he made through graft during his presidency? All the self-dealing, all the sweetheart deals on government contracts, all the ‘special memberships’ at Mar-a-Lago for people who wanted to buy privileged access, and all the other stuff we don’t even know about. What the fuck happened to all that?

Three possibilities:

1. He’s as bad at grifting as he is at everything else,
  2. He has one hell of a debt to pay off to the Russian mob, or
  3. He is actually sitting on a pile of loot, but grifting is so ingrained that he just keeps at it anyway

I suppose a 4th possibility is “all of the above”.

I’m kind of sad that both engines on his borrowed jet didn’t flame out while it was over the ocean. We’d have to live with “Donald Trump was murdered by the Deep State/Hillary Clinton/George Soros” conspiracy theories for the next eight decades, but that’s sort of inevitable no matter how he eventually kicks off. We might as well get it over with.

19 Likes

“Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a new jet airplane…”

33 Likes

Apparently the six-figure cost to repair it is too much for Trump.

So, he’s trying to buy a new plane… that will have a eight- or nine-figure cost? I don’t understand.

Agreed! It’s how I buy all my toys. But why not get OPM to repair his current toy?

5 Likes

The key is to buy your toys with other people’s money (OPM).

12 Likes

Ah, so adding “chumboxing” to his already-impressive sc/pammer repertoire.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you MikeKStar! I’m removing the sentence about the six-figure repair cost being too much for Trump in case that article is accurate.
I appreciate the update :slight_smile:

5 Likes