Televangelist tells his flock to buy him a $54 million jet: "It's what Jesus would do."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/29/televangelist-tells-his-flock.html

4 Likes

all these fuckers should fly United

41 Likes

If God wanted him to fly He’d have given him wings already.

39 Likes

What’s my share of that $54 million? A quarter? Sure, he can count on me!

3 Likes

Blessed Virgin America

14 Likes

“It’s what Jesus would do.”

ezgif-5-60093fd848

20 Likes

“Most preachers preach for gold, and not for souls.”

5 Likes

Whenever Jesus went overseas he traveled by foot.

35 Likes

What a scumbag.

13 Likes

Is there a practical way to make a negative donation?

9 Likes

Start a crowd-funding project to raise funds to buy a Stinger surface-to-air missile system.

24 Likes

Sounds familiar.

Maybe this guy can get away with it because his name isn’t literally “Dollar”.

14 Likes

Also this:

9 Likes

He needs a jet to preach at people in person because god’s word doesn’t travel through satan’s internet.

3 Likes

I dunno… I would bet Jesus would feed starving children with that money.

25 Likes

Acts 4:32-37
The Believers Share Their Possessions

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.
33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all
34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”),
37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles’ feet.

I think the bible is clear on the issue. He can have his jet if none of his flock are needy, but they are allowed to borrow the jet if they need it.

24 Likes

42 Likes

Duplantis: “We’re believing God for a brand new Falcon 7X.”
Christ: “What an asshole.”

23 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes