Please give this pastor $65 million so he can buy a private jet

[Permalink]

“Sowing one’s love gift” has been the downfall of more than one TV Evangelist.

15 Likes

If there’s one thing I know Jesus wanted, it was for his disciples to travel in historically unprecedented comfort.

10 Likes

I don’t blame the poor pastor. After all, what godly man would want to travel coach - also known as the 7th circle of hell?

7 Likes

Done! My donation has been accepted under the moniker of “Frauenfelder Spare Change Enterprises”

3 Likes

I’d wager he’ll get what he’s asking for. Blind faith is kinda… blind.

I wonder how big the overlap is between the “700 Club” and the “Mile High Club.”

5 Likes

Just the cost of inflation.

7 Likes

I’ll note here that I’ve got not the slightest problem with Creflo Dollar going around the world to preach his version of the Gospel – I don’t doubt he’s sincerely moved – although the whole “Prosperity Gospel” seems to be a fairly tight rope to walk consistent with the Scriptures.

That said, and let’s assume that he has determined in good faith that he needs a jet to do his work, couldn’t he go with something just a tad more modest, like this used Hawker 800? Can get literally anywhere in the world (with fuel stops), and can be yours for a mere $3.7MM. I think $65MM is maybe better spent elsewhere.

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/aircraft/Jet/1995/Hawker/800A/988087.html

That said, if you are going to be a missionary with a plane, this guy is a better example - he’s got an old 747SP that he actually uses to move supplies around the world. Probably not the most efficient use, but the guy still lives in a 2,000 square foot house in rural Ohio, so he doesn’t seem to go for the trappings of wealth the way that many big name preaches seem to.

3 Likes

Creflooooo Dollarrrrr! He’s my favorite prosperity pastor, because he’s named after what God gives him through your faith in Jesus! Creflooooo Dollarrrrr!

Unlike Craig Euro. I hate that guy.

14 Likes

Creflo is just trying to keep up with his mentor Ken Copeland, who raised enough donations to buy a Citation X in 2006.

And people were thrilled to contribute.

He HAS a jet. This is for a REPLACEMENT plane. For the one he bought used in 1999; like a peon.

Because that one had an engine failure. So of course the airframe is a writeoff. Or something.

5 Likes

Solo aviator’s division.

I’ve got a better idea. You all give ME a few hundred grand each. When I get enough together to buy a jet, you all get to take rides in it. The more you give the more rides you get (on a sliding scale). We’ll go out for beers to LasVegas and maybe go to Grenada for lunch. Sweet deal. Pony UP!
But I get to put MY name on the side.

4 Likes

while the con men are the criminals the ones who donate to them are also criminally stupid by diverting money away from their own needs and needs of their family. put your money in a retirement fund.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair, if you believe that anyone who doesn’t know about (Iesus) or doesn’t believe in him will suffer unending punishment, then nothing else can matter as much as letting everyone know about (Iesus). I think Jack Chick has one tract about medical missionaries going to hell.

2 Likes

Link is 404ed.

Google cache, while it lasts:

From the link:

Well, there’s unintentional irony I can agree with :slight_smile:

1 Like

There seems to be a marked lack of respect for archiereus Gerasim Nestorovich Rublev

2 Likes

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted , and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered ; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4 Likes

Buddha: be nice, try not to eat meat. Followers say, begrudgingly, “All - riiiight…”

Jesus Christ: love your neighbour, give to the poor, follow my example. Followers say, “where’s my fucking Lear Jet?”

2 Likes