“Billionaire” Trump can not post bond, begs for special treatment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/28/billionaire-trump-can-not-post-bond-begs-for-special-treatment.html

16 Likes

im-melting-wicked-witch

The buildings which are also the security for some of his loans? That could be quite the chain-reaction!

70 Likes

Need to sell some more shoes I guess. This time $10k a pop maybe. 100% more gold than the first series (totaling to a cool 0 grams).

25 Likes

His marks will continue to believe he’s a genius businessman despite the evidence in front of them, but I always find it satisfying to see a fraudster forced to acknowledge in public what he is.

46 Likes

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

38 Likes

Trump is hoping that his bluff and bluster will deter the court from conducting an autopsy on the “Schrodinger’s Cat” that represents his net worth.

Personally my bet is on the wealth being entirely imaginary and is about to get a margin call initiated by the court.

42 Likes

Bleed him dry and don’t let up. That’s how they (mostly) took down the Klan.

38 Likes

Watching his squirm is glorious. Apparently, he’s not the richest, strongest, healthiest, most handsome man who ever walked, who never tells a lie and never made even a single mistake and not ONE of his business ventures or charities has ever failed.

25 Likes

I recall the IRS was instrumental in taking down Capone. I wonder if they have anything to say in this case.

17 Likes

Unfortunately, the MAGAs in Congress have de-fanged the IRS to the point where it can only afford to go after folks with moderate income.

But, as @apenzott points out, Voldemort’s wealth - and income - may be totally imaginary.

25 Likes

Sounds like no one trusts that his properties are worth enough to put up for leverage or that they would be paid back. I wonder why that would be?

12 Likes

EntirePoshCuckoo-size_restricted

23 Likes

When trump conceived a presidential run as the ultimate con, he stupidly didn’t understand the ultimate exposure that comes with it. Not a king but a citizen.

24 Likes

So this is the fraud case. . .

But in the defamation case his lawyers were arguing that he doesn’t need to post the full amount because he’s so rich– his wealth itself is a guarantee that he’ll pay.

26 Likes

So sad. <giggling>
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

17 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been wondering when/if this is going to happen for some time. It seems like Deutche Bank has been a major enabler and co conspirator. When that relationship spurs beyond the “fingers crossed” stage, this could get nasty.

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

25 Likes

The ones from the Russian banks and creditors will be especially interesting, and might not involve money at all.

DB and Wells Fargo were the only two large American institutions who kept lending him money after the others accepted he was a deadbeat grifter. Distressed banks will do business with anyone.

16 Likes

In reaction to Trump’s lame attempt to get around New York appeals procedures…

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

17 Likes

Does DB count as American? I mean, it’s right there in the name.

16 Likes

Maybe he’ll fullfill part of his ‘Stable genius’ statement.

The ‘stable’ part, as his abode.

6 Likes