Cosplaying billionaire Donald J. Trump can not post his $464 million bond

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/18/cosplaying-billionaire-donald-j-trump-can-not-post-his-464-million-bond.html

18 Likes

Loser.

44 Likes

When poor people find it impossible to secure a bail bond due to their financial circumstances, we know where they end up. Biff needs to learn about that first-hand.

48 Likes

It’s not a bail bond. Jail was never on the table in this case because it is a civil trial rather than a criminal one but until that day I’ll settle for “living on the street.”

29 Likes

“Sad.”

19 Likes

I was under the impression that refusal to pay in a civil case could wind the defendant with contempt of court, which could mean jail time. But presumably the courts would pursue other avenues to get the money out of the person’s assets first.

15 Likes

Nice job with that there post title.

The Office Pam GIF

I’m even willing to overlook the spelling mistake. :+1:

25 Likes

Yeah, but as it hasnt already happened, I can’t imagine that there’s still a bridge-too-far that he’s yet to burn.

11 Likes

I’ll not be satisfied until he’s cleaned out and forced to walk to his next rally. Maybe he’ll get lost.

19 Likes
15 Likes

“Perfect”

9 Likes

Lock him up.

16 Likes

Is this the point where they can put up the ‘For Sale’, ‘Everything must go!!!’ and ‘Buy One - Get One Free!’ signs at his tacky properties?

18 Likes

I see it more like the fireworks signs you see at times.

“Buy 1, Get 11 free”

11 Likes

As a billionaire shoe salesman, I’m sure he’s good for it.

It’s not like he’s selling NFTs (this time).

12 Likes

he has approached 30 underwriters to back the bond

That’s an odd way to talk about Russian oligarchs.

27 Likes

Not even the Russians are lending the cash?

Too funny.

17 Likes

What cash? Sanctions for the Ukraine invasion have frozen all their assets in western banks. Putin and his cronies couldn’t buy him a hamberder in North America or Europe.

22 Likes

If he can’t pony up the dues, maybe we should let Putin do whatever the hell he wants with his failed asset.

11 Likes

:smiley: :smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

14 Likes